Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ecstasy Unveiled Demonica #4 by Larissa Ione

When you open one of Larissa Ione's Demonica Series books you are immediately taken to a different world, and oh, how I'd love to have one of the Sem brothers for my own.
Synopsis:


Genre: Urban Fantasy, Erotica






Lore is a Seminus half breed demon who has been forced to work as a demon assassin. In order to become free of his demon master, he has to complete one last job. Nothing will stop him from finally being free-but when he finds out who his target is, he finds out that there is more at risk then his freedom. Idess is an earthbound angel who has to protect Lore's target and keep him from being killed. She's determined to stop Lore at any cost, even though she finds him wicked hawt.Lore discovers that he has feelings for Idess. Will he let his feelings for Idess get in the way of freedom? To make matters worse, an old enemy returns to wreck havoc on him and his brothers. Will Idess and Lore let duty win over passion? How can they choose one over the other without losing everything?
My Thoughts:
How can one not love a Sem brother?? This is the fourth book in the Demonica Series, and continues the story that started in the first book, Pleasure Unbound.  What I love most about this series is how there the main romance is surround by lots of side story lines and side characters that don't get lost over time. I feel as invested in them as I do the main characters in the story. I loved Lore, and Idess while not one of my favorite heroines of the series, grew on me the more I read. The best part of this book? I thought I had the ending all figured out, and was so surprised when I had it all wrong. I love it when that happens!

I just had one small problem with Lore and Idess' romance: I felt like it happened too fast. It was almost like one minute they were fighting and next Lore was like: "I can't live without her." As the book progressed though, the romance became more believable and sweet. I loved Lore's sister, Sin and can't wait to see more of her. I wish that there had been more of Ky and Gem in this story!

Sigh Meter: Medium High
Swoon Worthy Meter: Medium High
Fight Action: Pretty High

Challenges counted toward: