Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Beyond Control By Kit Rocha



Title: Beyond Control
Author: Kit Rocha (Moira Rogers) 
Series: Beyond #2 
Genre: Dystopian Erotica 
Number of Pages: 400 
Publisher: Kit Rocha 
Source: My Copy 






Cover Thoughts: I don't know why, but even though this series is all about hot, hot sex the covers aren't fitting for it. For some reason, I keep thinking the bar featured in the book should be on the cover. (I'm a quirky reader, ok?!)


Synopsis
She refuses to be owned. Alexa Parrino escaped a life of servitude and survived danger on the streets to become one of the most trusted, influential people in Sector Four, where the O’Kanes rule with a hedonistic but iron fist. Lex has been at the top for years, and there’s almost nothing she wouldn’t do for the gang…and for its leader. Lie, steal, kill—but she bows to no one, not even Dallas O’Kane. He’ll settle for nothing less. Dallas fought long and hard to carve a slice of order out of the chaos of the sectors. Dangers both large and small threaten his people, but it’s nothing he can’t handle. His liquor business is flourishing, and new opportunities fuel his ambition. Lex could help him expand his empire, something he wants almost as much as he wants her. And no one says no to the king of Sector Four. Falling into bed is easy, but their sexual games are anything but casual. Attraction quickly turns to obsession, and their careful dance of heady dominance and sweet submission uncovers a need so deep, so strong, it could crush them both.

When I was part way through Beyond Shame I went ahead and bought this book because I just knew I wouldn't rest until I had the next book in the series. I am so glad that I didn't have to wait to read this one. Beyond Control is Dallas and Lex's story-characters who we met in the first book. Let's just say as far as the hotness meter go, it broke because this book was out of control hot. I need a fan or some ice just remembering some of the scenes in this book!  Honestly, this series should come with a warning label on it-must have something nearby to cool you off while reading. :) 

I knew this book would be sizzling hot just from the scenes between Dallas and Lex in book one, but really I had no idea what I was getting into when I started reading this one.  Everything is more intense-the overall story arc widens, Dallas and Lex just make you want to shake some sense into them. I loved that they went head to head on issues that they cared about, but after awhile I was just like "enough already!" I don't know why but sometimes fighting to just prove you are strong instead of taking a chance on each other drives me nuts in romances! That's right, I called this a romance-even though it's pretty much all about sex, there are lot of different romances taking place with each of the secondary characters that I grew to love so much in book one- Ace, Bren, Six, and  are just heartbreakingly hot. In this book we got a little more insight into Maddox and Cruz, and gosh I just want every secondary character to have their own story told with this series! As in the first book there are multiple pov changes that just shouldn't work and seem really randomly thrown in there, but darn it if it doesn't make me love that character all that more & it the pov changes are just a great insight to everything going on around the main characters. 


The story line outside of the sizzling hot sex scenes just intrigues me-I want to see what happens with Sector two and how the other leaders react to Dallas gaining more control. Something tells me that the city of Eden will  make itself know in the next couple of books as well. I love Dystopian novels to begin with, and this world is one of my favorite book worlds, and I think I might have to visit it often! 

I know I am not making much sense, and am a blathering mess, but trust me this is one series you don't want to miss out on. It just has a little bit of everything in it!! I said this in book one, but after reading this one I really want to become a member of the O'Kane gang! :)