Today I'm happy to be a part of the blog tour For Love or Money by Cathy Perkins. She is here today with a tour wide giveaway and a playlist of songs for the book! My review can be found here.
Title: For Love or Money
Author: Cathy Perkins
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Length: 367 pages
Release Date: May 2013
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-62266-097-1
When Holly Price trips over a friend’s dead body while hiking, her life takes a nosedive into a world of intrigue and danger. The verdict is murder—and Holly is the prime suspect.
Of course, the fact that the infinitely sexy—and very pissed off—cop threatening to arrest her is JC Dimitrak, who just happens to be Holly’s jilted ex-fiancé, doesn’t help matters.
To protect her future, her business...and her heart...the intrepid forensic accountant must use all her considerable investigative skills to follow the money through an intricate web of shadow companies, while staying one step ahead of her ex-fiancé. She better solve the case before the real killer decides CPA stands for Certified Pain in the Ass...and the next dead body found beside the river is Holly’s.
Thanks for inviting me to join you here at A Buckeye Girl Reads as I celebrate the release of For Love or Money. This amateur sleuth, romantic mystery was so much fun to write—smoking chemistry between CPA (Certified Pain in the Ass) Holly Price and Franklin County detective JC Dimitrak and surprising plot twists. Throw in a few farm animals and the book cried out for a play list.
I've tried to give you a line about why I included each song.
Didn't really find a song that explained the pig. Or the llama.
Guess you'll have to read the book :)
In no particular order:
1) “Come As You Are” by Nirvana – Holly is a Seattle woman; initially she couldn't wait to get back to Seattle, home of (among other things) grunge music.
2) “Earl Had To Die” by The Dixie Chicks – A fate any abuser deserves.
3) “Accidentally In Love” by Counting Crows – Neither Holly or JC expected to end up in a relationship again.
4) “RESPECT” by Aretha Franklin – A woman power anthem because everybody deserves respect. And you can chair dance to the music while you type.
5) “Best Days of Your Life” by Kellie Pickler – I love this “in your face” song about the strength (and a bit of revenge) of a woman dumped by a cheater.
6) “She's Everything” by Brad Paisley – lyrics: “She's a yellow pair of running shoes/A holey pair of jeans/She looks great in cheap sunglasses...” Yeah, that's JC thinking about Holly.
7) “In A Small Town” by Kenny Chesney – Sums up the flight of young people out of their small hometown and the return when they're ready to settle down.
8) “Better Version of Me” by Fiona Apple – A little change of pace; JC dumped on Holly once but she isn't about to let it happen again.
9) “Bound & Determined” by Marshall Tucker – This song ends with the line, “That woman I got lord/'Bout to make me lose my mind.” Holly is driving JC nuts. She won't stay at home like he wants her to and she can't quit picking at what happened to Marcy and...
10) “Ain't No Other Man” by Christina Aguilera – Holly knows in her heart that JC has always been the man for her.
Where to find Cathy:
Cathy Perkins is a member of the Sisters in Crime, Romance Writers of America and International Thriller Writers. She writes predominantly financial-based mysteries but enjoys exploring the relationship aspect of her characters' lives. Her suspense writing lurks behind a financial day-job, where she learned firsthand the camouflaged, hide in plain sight, skills employed by her villains.
She lives in the Pacific Northwest, the setting of FOR LOVE OR MONEY, with her work-a-holic husband, a 75-pound Lab who thinks she’s still a lap-puppy and a Wirehair puppy’s who’s intent on digging her way to China. You can learn more about Cathy on her website http://cperkinswrites.com.
Tour Wide Kindle Paperwhite Giveaway:
Cathy Perkins is offering a Kindle Paperwhite to one lucky winner as part of the For Love of Money Blog Tour celebration! Simply fill out the rafflecopter form provided below for your chance to be entered.