Thursday, June 20, 2013

Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep


Title: Spartan Frost 
Author: Jennifer Estep 
Series: Mythos Academy 4.5
Number of Pages: 5 Chapters 
Publisher: Kensington Teen
Source: Netgalley 
Release Date: June 25, 2013 




Cover: I would have like to have seen Logan on the front.

I’m Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was — until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost. Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I’m fine, that Loki and the Reapers don’t have a hold on me anymore, but I can’t risk it. I can’t risk hurting Gwen again. So I’m leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away. I know Gwen wonders what’s happening to me, whether I’m safe. I can’t tell her, but this is my story.

This is one of my favorite Young Adult series and I loved that we got a different pov other then from Gwen. I'm a huge Logan fan, so I had high expectations for this novelette. I think my expectations were probably a bit too high, because while getting Logan's POV was great, and refreshed my memory on what happened in the last book before starting Midnight Frost, I just wanted well, more of his feelings toward Gwen.  

This book was short, just five chapters and lets us know what Logan was up to when he left Mythos Academy at the end of the last book. I liked the insight into the relationship he has with his father, but I felt like this was just a filler book and not really necessary to the rest of the series. My main problem was I just wanted more of Logan. :) (Like a full length book, lol.)