Monday, May 20, 2013

Lori Foster Reading Challenge April/May


I don't know what happened, but somehow I got off track with my own reading challenge. In both April and May I've only managed to read two books for this challenge.

In April I read A Date With The Other Side by Erin McCarthy. I gave this author a try because when Aurian of boeklogboek flew through her backlist, I knew I had to give her a try. I loved it!!! It tells the story of Shelby Tucker who lives in Cuttersville, Ohio and runs a Ghost Tour business. She's giving a tour when she comes across Boston McNamara, naked and asleep in one of the rooms in her tour. She realizes that her Grandmother forgot to tell her she had a new tenant. This book manages to be lol funny and super hot at the same time. *fans self* I honestly can't wait to read more by this author. 

In May I read Easy by Tammara Webber because it's gotten a lot of hype. This is one of those books where I felt like I read a different book then everyone else did. It's the story of Jacqueline  who is a music major and follows her boyfriend Kennedy off to college, only to have him break up with her. She runs into trouble and is saved by Lucas.  While I loved Lucas and the sweetness of their romance, I had issues with Jacqueline. I felt like she just put herself in these situations that could have been avoided a bit earlier if not for communication with those around her. I did like how it tackled a tough issue, and if it empowers just one girl, then this book has done it's job. My problem was more that I could tell I really was not in the intended demographic for it, and hated how the Greek (Fraternity/Sorority) system was portrayed. Why are they always evil??? 

How is everyone else doing?