Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bout of Books May 14-19th



The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
--From Bout of Books Blog 


I love Bout of Books even though I never do well with it!! As usual, I'm starting super late.

Goals: 

  • Read at least 4-6 books and or novellas 
  • Try to comment on at least 5 blogs per day 
  • Take part in one twitter chat
  • Write 4 reviews (I'm so behind!!!) 
Books to read: 
  • Finish Easy by Tammara Webber
  • Finish Aire by Lena Goldfish
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Lani Taylor 
  • Dare To You by Katie McGarry 
  • Bitter Enchantment by Shawntelle Madison 
  • Start Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep 
UPDATES:


Monday May 13th: 
Didn't know it was bout of books time already! 



Tuesday May 14th: 
What I read today: Started Aire. I'm about 70% through it. Not feeling the love. Also not feeling the love for Easy, which I put down for a kindle read-Aire. 
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Number of pages read today:  350
Number of pages read total:  350
Books Completed: 1-Aire by Lena Goldfish. This was a beautiful YA Fantasy Romance-just not my cup of tea.
Thoughts:  I think I might be in a book funk. How else do you explain me not loving Easy? Everyone else I know adored it.  I totally blame this on devouring the Mortal Instruments series last week. 
Reviews:  0
Blogs visited:  0



Wednesday May 15th: 
What I read today: I finished Easy by Tammara Webber, yay!
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Number of pages read today:  150
Number of pages read total: 550
Books Completed: 2
Thoughts: You know those books that everybody loves but you? That's how I felt about Easy. Didn't understand all the hype.
Reviews:  0
Blogs visited:  0


Thursday May 16th: 
What I read today:  A Virgin for Two Brothers and The First Time by Jenika Snow and I started Ascension by Caris Roane
Number of books completed today: 2..well these were actually novellettes. I had both read in under an hour. 
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Number of pages read today:  80
Number of pages read total: 630 or so
Books Completed: 2, plus 2 novellettes 
Thoughts: I really enjoyed the two eroticas I read today. I have to read more by this author now! I think I'm really going to enjoy Ascension, but the world building is a bit confusing right now. 
Reviews:  0
Blogs visited:  3

Challenge:
I did the Acrostic Poem Challenge  from Harley Bear Book Blog. It was a lot of fun! 

Friday May 17th: 
What I read today: Ascension by Caris Roane. I am 280 pages into it and am loving it!!
Number of books completed today: 0
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Number of pages read today:  200
Number of pages read total:  lost track....
Books Completed: 2
Reviews:  4
Blogs visited:  0 today, but three yesterday! 


Saturday May 18th: 
What I read today: 
Number of books completed today:
Total number of books I’ve read: 
Number of pages read today:  
Number of pages read total:  
Books Completed: 
Reviews:  
Blogs visited:  


Sunday May 19th: 
What I read today: 
Number of books completed today:
Total number of books I’ve read: 
Number of pages read today:  
Number of pages read total:  
Books Completed: 
Reviews:  
Blogs visited: