Monday, May 20, 2013

Second Chance At Love by Paige Prince


Title: Second Chance At Love 
Author: Paige Prince
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Publisher: Secret Cravings 
Number of Pages: 39 
Source: Author












After being burned by her ex-fiancé on the day of her wedding, Charlotte "Charlie" Phillips decides to give up on men and focus on her career. That is, until she meets Evan Rodriguez, an up-and-coming star in the World Wrestling Superstars while on assignment. Their attraction is instantaneous and they begin a steamy affair. But when Evan decides he wants to get serious, will Charlie run for the hills or will she decide to take a second chance at love?





This is one of the best debut novellas I've read in a long time, and I'm not just saying that because I know the author through twitter! 

Second Chance at Love is hot, sweet and just full of goodness. This was a novella, so while the story line and characters weren't as fully developed as they could have been I was ok with that, mainly because the romance between Evan and Charlie was super sweet. I loved how they were together the whole time, and while Charlie had her doubts about the relationship  she overcame them when she needed to, and that part of the story didn't drag on and on. 


I loved how the novel started off hot but that the focus of the story remained the romance between Evan and Charlie instead of just the hot love scenes between the two.  The ending was super sweet, and I have to admit I wasn't ready for it to end when it did. I really can't wait to read more by this author!