Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bout of Books Marathon January 7th-13th




Wrap Up:  After a somewhat rocky start, this turned into a great reading week! I finished four books. I haven't done that in ages. Of course the books weren't any of the ones I had planned on reading! I discovered the Chemical Garden series by Lauren DeStefano. I devoured those books!! I also read Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deena Chase, and loved that. My new favorite erotica series is by E.R. Pierce. I finished that novella much too quickly!! I can't wait for the next one in the series to come out in February. 

This the second time that I've participated in the bout of books-my first read a thon of the year! I am really looking forward to it! :)  Here are my goals:

  • Comment everyday on a new blog 
  • Take part in the twitter chat on Sat
  •  Take part in one challenge 

Monday
Number of books I've read today: Zero. However, I read the first ten chapters of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.  Tried switching to Sam Cruz's guide, and again had trouble with it. However, the last two books I read were YA, so I am thinking a genre change might be in order! 
Total number of books I've read: 0


Tuesday

Number of books I've read today: zero!!
Total number of books I've read: Zero!!!
Books: Still: Zero!


Wednesday:
Number of books I've read today:1
Total number of books I've read:
Books: Wither by Lauren DeStefano I loved this book!!! Diving into book two now!!

Thursday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read: 3
Books: Wither, Fever by Lauren DeStefano, Hot/Cold Lunch by E.R. Pierce
I was slightly obsessed with reading Fever. I started it right after I finished wither, and was up to 2am reading it. My dog barking at 7am woke me up, and I thought, what the heck? Why not stay up so I can finish Fever?! So I gulped lots of coffee and stayed glued to my kindle. If I had a paper version of the book I probably would have tossed it across the room so great was my frustration with the cliffhanger!!! It was really well done. This is one of the few series where I can't decide which boy I like better. I love both Gabriel and Linden! 

Friday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 3
Books  Wither, Fever, Hot/Cold Lunch 

Saturday
Number of books I've read today: Started Haunted on Bourbon Street 
Total number of books I've read :3
Books: Wither, Fever, Hot/Cold Lunch 

Sunday
Number of books I've read today:  1 
Total number of books I've read:4
Books: Haunted on Bourbon Street, Wither, Fever, Hot/Cold Lunch 

Books I plan on reading: 


This has been calling my name since it came out in November. I do love a good shape shifter UF!

I have had this one on my TBR pile for what seems like forever.....

I am saving this one for last because it's one of the books I'm most looking forward to this year. I'm kinda afraid to read it for fear of what will happen to my favorite part of the love triangle. #TeamLime. 

Of course, since I posted these books I have a sudden urge to read this one: 
 or maybe this one: 

or perhaps this one: 

My problem is I have way too many books to catch up on from last year!!!