Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Author Spotlight: Leanna Renee Hieber

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. New York City, 1880. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing... Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.


Tomorrow I get to go and see Leanna Renee Hieber at Books and Company in Ohio. I am so excited!! Hardly any authors I read make it to my part of Ohio. They either make appearances in Cincinnati or Columbus, and while I don't mind the drive, it's nice not to have to drive an hour or so to see a favorite author.  Leanna was the first author to do a giveaway on my site and was one of the first authors to send me an ARC of their books. Her Strangely Beautiful Series is on my keeper shelf!

On twitter a few weeks ago I was talking with Leanna and a few other people about Lord Denbury, the hero in Darker Still. I suggested a blog badge so we could all show our love of all things Denburylicious (his nickname on twitter) This is what they came up with:


Don't you love it? :) I am so excited to see Leanna Renee Hieber tomorrow-she was one of the authors I got to meet at Lori Fosters Reader/Author Get Together last May. My camera died on me so I don't have any pictures, but intend to have a working camera tomorrow! Here are some other stops on her tour:

NOVEMBER 13th - Books Of Wonder, NEW YORK CITY 
BOOKS OF WONDER
18 W. 18th St.
New York, NY 10011
1pm
(Join Leanna along with these incredible authors; Tamora Pierce, John Connolly, Rae Carson, Matthew Cody, Lauren McLaughlin, and Delia Sherman!) 
 
NOVEMBER 14th - Books & Co. Dayton, OHIO
Books & Company
The Greene Shopping Center
4453 Walnut St.
Dayton, OH 45440
7-9pm
Reading, Q&A, signing!
 
NOVEMBER 15th - Cudahy Family Library, WISCONSIN
Cudahy Family Library
3500 Library Drive
Cudahy, Wisconsin 53110
6:30-8pm
Brief reading, Q & A, signing!
 
NOVEMBER 16th - ANDERSON'S, Chicago / Naperville, ILLINOIS
ANDERSON'S Bookshop
123 West Jefferson
Naperville, IL 60540
7-9pm
Reading, Q&A, signing!
 
NOVEMBER 17th - The Bookcase, MINNESOTA
The Bookcase, WAYZATA, The Twin Cities' Oldest Independent Bookstore
607 Lake Street East
Wayzata, MN 55391
6:00-8:00pm
Reading, Q&A, Signing!


Can't go to a signing? You can still get a signed copy of the book here.  I just hope that I am not grouchy when I meet her tomorrow because Mondays are always hard on me at work. I might need a lot of caffeine to keep me going! :)