Monday, December 27, 2010

Promo: The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton

As I started to review TheMind Readers by Lori Brighton I realized I couldn't give an unbiased review of it. Why? I was a beta reader on it and loved this Self Published Young Adult novella by her.


Cameron Winters is a freak. Fortunately, no one but her family knows that Cameron can read minds. When Lewis Douglas arrives, he tempts her with possibilities of freedom. Determined to embrace her hidden talents, Cameron heads to a place where she meets other Mind Readers. But when the Mind Readers realize the extent of Cameron’s abilities, they want to use her powers for their own needs

Cameron is such a great teen heroine. She's strong, tough yet vulnerable at the same time because she's been taught to hide her gift of being able to read minds from a young age. The school of the mind readers is great, and I love how you don't know who to trust or what's coming next. The Mind Readers was a refreshing read for me because it was just nice to read a Young Adult book without angels, vampires or werewolves in it! This novella is 130 pages and was just a delight to read.

Where to find it: