Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Review: Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun



Title: Liberating Lacey 
Author: Anne Calhoun 
Genre: Erotica 
Publisher; Ellora's Cave
Number of Pages: 158





 

Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun is one of the best Erotic romances I've read this year. I'm forever grateful for Mandi at Smexybooks for tweeting about and reviewing this book. One of the things I enjoyed most about this book was that Hunter, the hero was the one grappling with doubts about fitting into Laceys world instead of the other way around. I normally try to stay away from books that have widows or divorcees in them (I'm not sure why) but I'm glad I took a chance on this one. 

Lacey Meyers married young and when she finds herself divorced, she's determined to have some hot and wild sex. Let's just say that Hunter, a cop who she picks up in a bar fulfilled that promise. I don't say this a lot, but Hunter was just Yum.  Let's just say that there were handcuffs involved. After Lacey and Hunter's hookup they both have a hard time getting each other out of their minds. They know it's not normal as far as hookups go, but they have to see each other again.

Lacey and Hunter do see each other again-and again, However, Hunter and Lacey have their doubts about how long their relationship will last. Hunter is concerned that he won't fit into Lacey's world-he's not from money, and Lacey clearly is. Lacey knows she feels more then Hunter then she should, and is worried because he's so much younger then her-she's 36 and he's 28 that he's not ready to settle down. These doubts don't get in the way of the story, and if anything it  just enhances it. 


Hunter won me over with the way he let Lacey do whatever fantasy Lacey had, and let me tell you-there are some hawt sex scenes in this book! Lacey won me over because while she was newly divorced and finding herself again she wasn't whiny-and didn't do the all the chasing. This book was just a refreshing erotica read.


Curran Crush Meter: High 
Martini Sigh Meter: Medium 
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: High 
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: High