Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Feature: Chatting with Buckeyes: Romance Author Becky Barker


Welcome to Chatting With Buckeyes, where I interview a different romance author from Ohio every month. This month I'm honored to have Contemporary Romance Author Becky Barker

 

Becky Barker's Bio:
I'm a multi-published author who specializes in contemporary romances. I've always had a passion for writing very sensual stories that incorporate some suspense and/or humor.  My books have been translated into more than a dozen foreign languages, into electronic format, and have been re-issued in trade paperback as well as large print library editions. Most can be ordered at your favorite online bookstore. My own personal hero is a former Marine who helped me create three beautiful, intelligent children. Our family lives in rural Ohio. In my free time I enjoy bird watching, gardening & reading.

1. What type of romances do you write?
I write contemporary category and single title romantic suspense.
2. What is your favorite thing about writing romance?
I've had a lifelong affair with romance novels. LOL! I write what I love to read.


3. Browns or Bengals?
OSU Buckeyes. I'm more of a college football fan, but I'd choose Bengals.


4.  What is your newest release, and can you tell us a little bit about your newest releases?
My latest book is titled BRIDLETON. It's set on a Texas ranch. The heroine's family owns the property, but her career has kept her from home for the past five years. When she returns, there are lots of emotional and physical fireworks! It's available now as an ebook and will be in print sometime next year.

5. Do you have a favorite book among the ones you've written?
I had to give that some thought, so I guess the answer is no. I did write a series about triplets who are pilots, the Prescott Pilots; BORN TO FLY, LOGAN's LADY, and LOVING CARLIE.  It was really fun to research and write. It was also reissued in a hardcover anthology titled, LOVE IN THE AIR.


6. Do you have a favorite author? If so, who & why?
As a long-time, avid romance reader, I have too many favorites to list. I read more for style than plot. My tbr pile is likely to have Linda Howard, Karen Robards, Jayne Ann Krentz, Karen Harper, Elizabeth Lowell, Sandra Brown. Having said that, the first I would read is the Linda Howard.


7. How long have you been writing?
My first book was published in 1987, but I've been writing since grade school. (I'll skip the actual numbers on that one;-) 
 
8. How long have you been a buckeye?
My entire life.


9. What projects are you working on now?
I just finished a romantic suspense with the working title, STOWAWAY. Next will be a novella.

10. Where can we find your books?
Type my name into any online bookstore for a list of past and current releases. I have many books available in print and some titles only available in electronic format.  At most brick and mortar stores, you'd have to special order.

Where to find Becky:


Thank you Becky for taking the time to be apart of Chatting With Buckeyes! It was so nice getting to know you. Be sure to check back next month Contemporary Romance Writer Marcia James, author of Love Unleashed joins us!