Monday, August 30, 2010

My meager review of Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


 Title: Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Young Adult







 

This review is going to be a bit different then my ususal one, mainly because I don't want to spoil anything. I read this book in practically one sitting last week. I was so drained when I finished this book that I couldn't write a proper review for it. I wish I had taken the time to write down notes or something because a lot of the powerful emotions I felt at the time I read it have since left me.  So here is my meager review of the book and what I remember feeling about the book:      
  • Confusion. I have a horrible memory, and it took me half the book to remember what actually happened in Catching Fire. It made reading the book tiresome. 
  • Bewilderment. I understand wanting to take risks with characters and storylines, but seriously I think actions just went over the top in this book, and I didn't understand why some things were done *cough* Gale *cough* the way they were. 
  •  Disappointment- Katniss confused me. I know the girl had been through hell and back, but the character just felt different to me and for the life I can't pinpoint why. Her actions made me want to scream out loud. Don't get me started on other characters in the book.
  • A nervous wreck- I can't remember the last time I was this emotional about a book. My emotions were all over the place. I think I gave it such a high rating on goodreads because I was in such a tumultuous state of emotions when I finished this book! 

So there was perhaps the worst review of a long awaited book that I've ever written. I can't believe that everything I felt while reading the book has disappeared except for the feeling of shock at the end of the book. This is the last time I wait to write a review for a book like this! 

 
Publish Post