Friday, August 27, 2010

Review: For The Love of Mollie by KT Grant


Title: For the Love of Mollie
Author: KT Grant
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotica 
Received book from author






 

I started reading this novella at my parents house while I was helping my mom recover from knee surgery, and that was a big mistake. Every.single.time I would sit down to read it, Cleo the little hellion dog that she is, would take that time to play blue dog with me. (Yes, that is my shoe she is attempting to steal, sop you see what I was up against!)

For those of you with dogs, you know how hard it is to do anything when a toy is being shoved in the back of your knee and they give you that sad pound puppy look. So I would stop reading, and play with the little devil. I finally got smart,  printed out the ebook version, and had it read in an hour or so. I was left kicking myself for not having done that earlier, because this was such a sweet, hawt, erotic story.

Since this is a novella, I don't want to give anything away, so here is the synopsis from goodreads: 

Mollie McGree is on a mission to seduce her best friend, the sexy masseuse Juan-Carlos. But she wants to lose a few extra pounds first. She joins a gym run by self-made millionaire and personal trailer, Conner Bean. Conner thinks Mollie doesn't need to lose any weight, and is perfect the way she is. He plans to seduce the curvy Mollie by giving her his own special training sessions in passion and desire. Soon Mollie is enjoying a no-holds-barred love affair with the vibrant and skilled Conner. But self-esteem issues on her part, as well as her unresolved feelings for Juan-Carlos, cause her to second guess Conner's motives. Conner will stop at nothing until he claims Mollie's heart for his own.


What I loved most about this book was how normal Mollie was. Like Mollie, I've always had issues with my weight, and I think that KT nailed the emotions of what those of who are overweight go through everyday.  I thought I would have trouble reading this book because it hit so close to home for me, but surprisingly I didn't have any trouble at all....especially once the hot love scenes started. What I liked best about the erotic scenes in this book were how they didn't take away from the story at hand, and added to it instead of taking away from it. The one small problem I had was that Mollies best friend Susie just seemed to disappear at the end of the book...I am hoping this is because she is getting her own story. :)

I've seen some reviews where people felt like Mollie whined a bit too much about her weight-but I thought it was just natural, and I liked how the character didn't change overnight suddenly without cause like so many heroines do. She did believe more in herself, but it wasn't an unrealistic believing in herself, if that makes sense. :) I think the best part of this book was that as I said before, this is an issue that I've struggled with for awhile and thought that it took great writing skills to make me read something that I've shied away from reading about because it's a topic that hits too close to home. I really enjoyed this novella, and can't wait to read more by this author! You can purchase For the Love of Mollie at Decadent Publishing


Edited to add: this novella is 115 pages :)
Curran Crush Meter: Medium (I just loved Connor) 
Sigh Meter: High
Favorite sigh moment:
Conner kissed Mollie hard and she hugged him to her. After a few moments, he lay back down, next to Mollie, rubbing his mouth over her sweaty brow. "Mollie, you own my heart."
He wiped away a few of Mollie's tears. She then laid her palm over his heart and smiled. "I think you own mine, also."
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: Medium
 If you've been hesitant to read erotica, this is a great book to start with.
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: Medium