Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Review: Lover Mine by JR Ward

Title: Lover Mine
Author J.R Ward
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #8






****Contains possible spoilers*****


I did it! I finally finished the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. I also know now why people told me I should just buy the box set that was on evil amazon. They are seriously like crack. You can't stop reading them no matter how much you think you might want to. I also am hitting myself on the head for not starting this series earlier.

There are so many things that I loved about this book that I'm not even sure where to begin...I guess I'll start with the less obvious:

The Lessers-finally this storyline became somewhat interesting. The whole Lash storyline made sense to me, and made the lessers more of a threat. Before, I couldn't understand why they were so afraid of those losers, because they never seemed all that scary to me, even though they were out to get all vampires.

Xhex-She's probably my favorite of all the heroines. She was tough, but vulnerable. I liked how she did her own thing, and while there was this whole do I love him thing going on, it wasn't as bad as it was in Rehvs story, and actually made sense.

Qhuay-Otherwise known as Qhuinn and Blay. I just love these two. There were so many times I wanted to smack some sense into both of them for acting like idiots. I can not wait for their novella. I actually wish that they were getting a full length book!

John Matthew-This kid slowly snuck into my heart. In books one through three I totally hated his whole storyline. I thought it was pointless, and interrupted good love scenes. Then somewhere around V's story, I realized I was looking forward to his story as the main storyline going on. I loved how he opened up to Xhex, and at the same time finally got a back bone. The one thing though that drove me nuts was that he didn't have more interaction with Beth and Mary, the two who found him. It drives me nuts how some storylines just disappear.

What I didn't like: 
Tohr: I liked how he finally returned (I had a feeling it would be in JMs book.) but I thought that he and JM should've had more of...well something.

Wrath's blindness. I kind of understand why this had to happen, but it just kind came out of nowhere, and I thought was solved to easily with the guide dog. (who I loved)

Doc Jane-why out of all the heroines is she the only one we see? I still am upset over the ending of her story.

Payne-I have a feeling her book will be a good one, but something about her popping up in this one annoyed me, and I'm not sure why.

I am totally addicted to this series now, and am looking forward to the next one coming out!