Thursday, August 26, 2010

Featured Author: KT Grant, Getting those Creative Juices Flowing

I am so honored to have this author on the blog today-mainly because she is none other then our very own KatieBabs from Babbling About Books and More!  She's here to talk about her new books, and what it takes to keep going as a writer! I'm reading her contemporary romance-For The Love of Molly now, and am loving it! A review will be up soon. :)



A little bit about KT Grant:
KT Grant is a self-proclaimed eccentric redhead who not only loves to read a wide variety of romances, but also loves writing it. Under her alter-ego, she is a well known book reviewer and blogger who doesn't shy away from voicing her opinion. A proud native of New Jersey, KT is multi-published and known for writing "out of the box" romances. KT has been quoted in such publications as the Romance Writers Associations’ Romance Writers Report and Night Owl Reviews. She has also been mentioned in the Guardian.UK, Publisher's Weekly's Beyond the Book and at Bookseller.com.

Keeping those Creative Juices Flowing

As a writer, I have the option of picking and choosing what I want to write. I call myself an "out of the box" author because I can't really say that I write for one specific genre. I'm the type who writes all over the place and this is shown perfectly with the three releases I have out so far.

My debut release, Lovestruck, is a May/December Lesbian Contemporary Romance. My second release is For the Love of Mollie, a Straight Contemporary Romance. My third release, The Princess's Bride is a Historical Lesbian Pirate Romance. Three books, three entirely different genres. Now this is not counting my unpublished works I have. Two I'm currently working on is a M/M Gay Romance and another Straight Contemporary Romance. As you can see, my writing is all over the place!

What does this say about me? I admit I'm a bit of an eccentric. The same goes with my reading tastes. If you looked at my bookshelves, the majority of my books are romance, but I also have many other types of books I enjoy reading. This is much like my writing. I think I will always write something that has some sort of a romance to it, but I like to think outside the box.

A writer has one of the most amazing jobs ever. Their imagination and creativity shines through their words, including the characters and settings they create. Fiction allows both the writer and the reader to travel off to far away lands where almost anything goes and anything is a possibility. All one needs is an idea and a way to let it shine.

If you'd ask me what type of writer I am and what audience I'm writing for, I would say my books are for those people who want to sit back and forget real life for awhile. The same goes with what I write. The reason I write is to lose myself in my characters and release all my tension. The written word is my therapy and for those who read, I offer them an escape.

The most important piece of advice I can give a writer is to take that idea rolling around in your head and give it life. The fun is seeing where it can go and what you can accomplish.

Where you can find her books: 




You can purchase Lovestruck at:



 You can purchase For the Love of Mollie at Decadent Publishing

 

You can purchase The Princess's Bride at:

Where to find her: 

You can visit KT Grant at her website: http://ktgrant.com/
Her Personal blog at Babbling About Books, and More! http://kbgbabbles.blogspot.com/