Monday, March 22, 2010

Review: Succubi Like It Hot by Jill Myles

This book was such a fun read. In the first book the heroine, Jackie was slightly annoying. In this book I found much more likable and fun. She had me laughing out loud, and honestly-I could see myself getting into as much trouble as she did without meaning to. I read this book while I was sick in March, and it was just what the doctor ordered to help me get better. :) I totally owe a big thank you to Smokinhotbooks whom we all know is the coolest blogger around-I won a contest at her place, and when the author didn't pull through she got me a gift certificate instead, and I was able to get this book instead. :)

Title: Succubi Like it Hot
Author: Jill Myles
Genre: Erotica, Urban Fantasy
Challenges Counted Toward: Erotica Reading Challenge




 My Synopsis: 
Jackie Brighton has landed her dream job as an archeologist, has two hot boyfriends to take care of her succubi needs and is acclimating to her new life as a succubi. Things couldn't be going better until she accidentally knocks the pizza delivery guy unconscious with the touch of her hand. It turns out that she has been cursed. The question is by who? Jackie and her best friend and fellow succubi work to help Jacki get rid of the curse. There is of course a few things that go wrong when they try to get the curse lifted and oh yeah. someone wants her dead. Jackie would go to her boyfriends for help-but they aren't talking to her. Will Jackie be ale to get rid of the curse and find out who wants her dead without any help from her friends?

My Thoughts:

This was such a deliciously fun read. I am so torn between Zane and Noah, Jackie's boyfriends. Both are super hot and I found myself changing my mind over who she should be with a lot-which is unusual for me. I am leaning more towards Zane, but Noah is just so...so..well, Noah. :) The plot isn't very deep, but it totally worked. I really liked how Jackie took matters into her own hands, and I found her character to be much stronger and more independent then in the last book. While this is a sequel, I think you could read it as a stand alone without too many problems. I loved the ending of the book-and I even though I saw it coming from a mile away, it still worked.  I can't say enough good things about this series. Every now and then you just need a fun, light escapist read and these books are perfect for that.  I can't wait for the third book in the series, My Fair Succubi when it comes out in December.

Sigh Meter: High
SwoonWorthy Meter: High
Sleep Meter: Low-Do not start this book before going to bed-you'll be up a while!
Lolz Meter: High
Sidekick Meter: High I loved all the side characters in this book!
Challenges Counted Toward:



5/10 read