Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Tv Time Out :)

The fall tv season is almost here! I love this time of year. Here's what I'm looking forward to:
New Shows:

The Vampire Diaries -Yes, heidenkind this is your fault. You are such a bad influence on me! But really, who could resist a show about vampires? Not me! Synopsis: Elena falls for the new kid in school who happens to be a vampire. This is based on a series of books written by LJ Smith. Lost fans: Ian Somerhalder is in the cast. Yay!

Accidently, On Purpose-I'm not a Jenna Elfman fan, but I love sitcoms. I'll give this one a shot. Synopsis: Jenna Elfman is a film critic and she's pregnant from a one night stand that she had with a younger guy. Will this ruin a new romance with her boss?

Glee-I love cheesy high school drama shows. This one fits the bill! A band of outcasts join together to form a glee club. Everything about this show has been great so far, but I'm worried the storylines could get old fast.

Flash Forward- Why oh, why must all the good shows on at the same time and the same night? It's so not fair!! This is on at the same time as the Vampire Diaries and Survivor.
Synopsis from tvguide.com:
The world's population sees into the future when everyone blacks out for two minutes and 17 seconds at the same time. The clairvoyant episode staggers the minds of all, as in many instances their futures are not what they expected---and some, it seems, have no future at all. While many recount their experiences on a worldwide Web site, others seek to circumvent their fates; and some, like FBI agent Mark Benford, seek to learn what caused the mass blackout.


Old Favorites:

The Big Bang Theory-This is one of my favorite shows. It's hard to believe that when it first started I thought it would be canceled right away and that the humor was forced. The cast has come a long way in a short time. Is it sad that I know what they are talking about when they go into sci fi talk?

Survivor Samoa: I'm such a sucker for still watching this show. Damn you Mark Burnett.
The Amazing Race: See above, except replace Damn you Mark Burnett with: Damn you Bertram van Munster. :)
Medium-I am so glad this got picked up by ABC. I've always felt like NBC never gave this show a shot.
Cold Case- I go back and forth on this show. I'll watch it half a season, then stop.
Ghost Hunters- Half of this show is probably faked, but I still love watching Jason, Grant and The Boys.
Destination Truth-I love Joshua Gates! His voice annoyed me at first, but then it grew on me. I love the different places they go to around the world, and investigate stuff I've never heard of.

Sanctuary- A poor American version of Torchwood. Once I got past Amanda Tapping having black hair and an English accent, I found it was pretty interesting, and will do as a replacement for Torchwood while it's in hiatus.
South Park-I just love how they make fun of everything!

Shows I won't watch because I've seen too many commericals for them:

Mercy
Trauma
Community
Modern Family

SPORTS: FOOTBALL! I lvoe it~ It's a consequence of growing up in Ohio-what else is there to do on the weekend during winter? Nothing, except for watching football! :)

What shows are you looking forward to watching?