Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Becoming by Jeanne Stein & a few awards


I love vampires and I love mysteries so I honestly don't know what took me so long to discover the Anna Strong vampire series. When Donna from Fantasy Dreamer Ramblings held a contest for them I was clueless as to what the books were about. I went to my favorite book networking site-goodreads, to see what the books were about. I knew I had to read them, and was fortunate that my library had a few of the books. :) This was a super quick read, and I have a new series to catch up on!

The Plot: Anna Strong is a bounty hunter and is looking for a client who has skipped his bail. She and her partner find their client, but he isn't what he seems. After a brutal fight, Anna awakens in the hospital to find out that she has been turned into a vampire by her attacker. There to help her and answer her questions is the mysterious (and hot) Dr. Avery. Her partner goes missing and Anna will do anything to find him. However, she runs into some problems along the way-like humans who hunt vampires, and her boyfriend Max. Is he all that he seems? Is Dr. Avery? There are tough choices for Anna to make.
My thoughts: My mom is currently reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, and for that reason I noticed there were some similarities between the two books and it took me awhile to get over them. The similarities I noticed were: the bounty hunter storyline, the struggle between her boyfriend and the hot guy to help her out and the kicks butt and takes names later attitude. While there are a lot of cross overs between the books, the vampire storyline makes it a completely different book then the Stephanie Plum series. There is a lot of action, hot sex and enough drama to keep you guessing as to who the good guys really are. This is a quick, fast read. I can't wait to read the other books in the series.
Misc: thanks to all of you who helped me with my video issues. I have no idea how I screwed it up, because it's always shown up for me. :)

I'm sorry for the long post!
Awards:


This was given to me by Deb at Book Magic. Thank you so much! :)
Being a recipient of this award affirms that this blog invests and believes in the Proximity – nearness in space, time and relationships. This blog receives this great award as a further way to re iterate that it is exceedingly charming, and aims to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!

I would like to pass this award to:
Jessica at a BookLovers Diary
Heather at Gofita's Pages

This was given me to by Leontine at Leontines Book Realm. Thank you so much! I am spreading the love to:
Deb at Bookmagic
Patti at Book Addict

This was given to me again by Tam at Bailey's and Books. Thank you!! I'm passing this award on to...
Stephanie at: What I'm reading
Alita.Reads