Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reading Meme (BBAW Week)

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? Yes, I do snack while I read. My favorite reading snack is Popcorn.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you? The idea of writing in books horrifies me.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? While writing horrifies me, dog-earing a book doesn't bother me at all. I'm always losing my bookmarks, so dog-earring works best for me.

Laying the book flat open? Is how I keep my place when I don't dog ear the pages.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Mainly fiction. Every once in awhile I'll read a non-fiction book.
Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard Copy. I'm not a fan of audio books.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point? I always try to read to the end of the chapter, but I always go past the chapter I intend to stop at...

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? No

What are you currently reading? Bound by Your Touch by Meredith Duran

What is the last book you bought? Dead Until Dark-Sookie Stackhouse #1

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time? I like to read one book at a time. If I'm reading two, it's because one of them has bored me and I've moved on to something else.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? I love reading after dinner. I normally read on the couch or on my papasan chair. The picture below isn't my chair, but it could be:



Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? Either

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Yes. :) Lynn Kurland andDiana Gabaldon for time travel, Left To Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza for non fiction, The Posionwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver and the Red Tent by Anita Diamont for fiction, Johanna Lindsey, Judith McNaught and Julie Garwood for historical romance and last but not least Clive Cussler for action adventure fiction books. (The movie Sahara was based on one of his books.)

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)My bookshelfves are currently organized by authors last name, but it's bothering me because I have trade cloth and hardback books mixed in with my paperbacks.