Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mini Review: Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase



Title: Lord of Scoundrels
Author: Loretta Chase
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: Scoundrels #3
Number of Pages: 375
Publisher: Avon
Source: My Copy












Tough minded Jessica Trent's sole intention is to free her nitwit brother from the destructive influence of Sebastian Ballister, the notorious Marquess of Diain. She never expects to desire the arrogant, amoral cad. And When Daine's reciprocal passion places them in a scandalously compromising, and public, position, Jessica is left with no choice but to seek satisfaction... Damn the minx for tempting him, kissing him...and then for forcing him to salvage reputation! Lord Dain can't wait to put the infuriating bluestocking in her place -- and in some amorous position. And if this means marriage, so be it -- though Sebastian is less than certain he can continue to remain aloof...and steal his heart to the sensuous, head strong lady's considerable charms.

A Big Thank You to Tasha at Truth, Beauty Freedom and Books for recommending this one to me!
I think I'm one of the last people to read this book, and honestly I don't know what took me so long to read Loretta Chase.  This is book three in a series, but works well as a stand alone. I love that about historical romances-you can read them all out of order and not be completely lost!

I loved Lord Dain and Jessica. They were everything you want in a hero and heroine. He was an alpha male that had serious commitment issues, and she was independent and spunky. I love how Jessica confounded Lord Dain by her actions. The secondary characters were great, and I loved her idiot brother. He just made me shake my head in disbelief that anyone could be that well, dumb.

I think this book is going to be a re-read when ever I want to lose myself in a book. It's just one of those magical reads.