Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Chatter: Reading Spots

It's been much too long since I have done one a Tuesday Chatter. I started this earlier this year and it's purpose is to talk about random bookish topics.

 Today the topic is: READING SPOTS

Do you have a particular spot where you read? Or can you read anywhere?  In March I moved, and since I moved I haven't been able to find a good spot to read at. I used to read on the couch in front of the tv. :) Now the couch is filled with our cat, Bella or other people reading. I would move the cat, but then she winds up on my lap and wants to be petted, then she checks out my kindle and no reading gets done. (She doesn't get bored, I've tried waiting her out.) Moving her off the lap doesn't help, because by this time the Cleo (our dog) has seen Bella on my lap, and gets jealous and gets out all of her toys for me to play with or wants to be petted. but I can't do it and they know it. I've been told if I just ignore them they will stop. However, this doesn't happen to me because they know I am a sucker. I've created monsters, lol. . I've also tried reading at the kitchen table, but the chairs are too uncomfortable to sit in for long periods of time.

After trying to read on the couch and the kitchen I then go into my room, but the only place to read is on my bed and it's not the most comfortable place to  read, but it's where I get the most reading done if I don't fall asleep. :)

So my question to you, is does it matter where you read? Can you read through anything? Thank you to Tasha from Truth, Freedom, Beauty And Books for suggesting that I write about this!