Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Feature: Chatting with Buckeyes: Lauren Hammond


 __________________________________________________________________________________
 

Welcome to my first feature-Chatting with Buckeyes. It's where I hope to feature a different author from Ohio every month. Today we sit down and chat with Lauren Hammond, author of Love Sucks. I want to thank Lauren so much for being the first author featured!  She is super nice, and her book is a lot of fun to read.
.


1. Can you tell me a little bit about Love Sucks? What makes it different from other Vampire books out there?  Love sucks is a character driven novella. It's about a female vampire named Cara who awakens in the early 1700's not knowing where she is or what she has become. What is different about it is that it actually puts you in the main character's shoes. It's told completely from her point of view so that you can feel her curiosity, pain, and even joy.


2. If you could only use one word to describe your book, what would it be?  Intoxicating.

3. What was the best part of writing the book? The best part about writing any book, it that you can create a whole other world. When writing your options are limitless. Oh, the possibilites.

4. Do you have any advice for people trying to get published?Please keep writing. Don't stop after someone tell you no. That is one person's opinion and there are millions of people in the world.

5. How long have you been a Buckeye?  My whole life :). I'm proud to be an Ohioan! Go Bucks!

6. What is your favorite vampire book & movie? I don't just have one favorite I'd have to say the whole Sookie Stackhouse series is my favorite and as far as movies go, Interview With A Vampire tops my list of fav vampire films.

7. Do you have any any special routines you follow when writing? (listening to music, writing at a certain time, etc.   I write all day long. Even when I'm not at home I carry a notebook around with me in case I get a good idea for a novel. I seriously have them everywhere, even in my car.

8. What's the last best book you read?  The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.

9. Who is your favorite author & why?  I honestly don't have a favorite. I believe any book is a good book if it draws you in from the beginning and takes you on a journey you don't want to forget.

10. Where can everyone find Love Sucks? punkinbooks.com

Where to find Lauren: 
 
Thanks again Lauren for being the first Buckeye interviewed in Chatting With Buckeyes!Thank you to Tasha from Truth, Beauty, Freedom & Books for designing the Chatting with buckeyes button-isn't it awesome??