Friday, January 1, 2010

A Guest post by my mom: Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich



This is a guest review by my mom. :)  Since I haven't gotten a lot of reading done during this holiday season, I thought what better way to bring in the new year then doing a review with my mom? She started reading this series in June when she had a total hip replacement this series and has now read them all.
Plot From Amazon:
When Lula inadvertently witnesses the beheading of culinary TV star Stanley Chipotle in a Trenton, N.J., alley, Stephanie's on-again off-again boyfriend, cop Joe Morelli, reluctantly takes the case. Lula, with the help of Grandma Mazur, enters the same barbequing competition Chipotle was in town to promote, hoping to lure the murderers out of hiding. Meanwhile, Ranger has recruited Stephanie to help solve a series of break-ins at properties under the protection of Rangeman Security. The inevitable sparks fly between Stephanie and Ranger, with Morelli grumbling on the sidelines. Evanovich dishes up her usual mixture of shoot-'em-up action (numerous cars explode) and quirky characters (notably a neighborhood flasher with a devoted following), but the lackluster plot will disappoint fans. (June 23)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.


Me: What was the plot of the book?
Mom: Colette, I can't remember...I read this book too long ago to remember it.
Me: Mom, what was the best part of Finger Lickin Fifteen?
Mom: Colette, I don't remember. When you read all fifteen it's like one big book back to back.
Me: You have to give me something here....
Mom: (sighing) My favorite parts are just the characters themselves.
Me: Any favorites, like Grandma Mazur?
Mom: I like the Hamster Rex and Lula 
Me: Has Stephanie made her mind between Morelli and Ranger yet?
Mom: (a huge sigh) Morelli I think....wait she hasn't made up her mind yet. Wait. I thought you hadn't read any of these yet. How do you know about Morelli & Ranger?
Me: Mom, I've read up to number 9 or so!
Mom: What is a blog again, and how do I find it?
Me: I'm not letting you find this blog now!
Me: Is Grandma Mazur still going to funerals?
Mom: Yes
Me: So how is this one different then the others?
Mom: Shaking head- It's the mysteries that are different, I just can't remember it with you asking me all these questions.
Me: Who do you want her to wind up with? Morelli or Ranger
Mom: Morelli!
Me: Mommm...you would. I'm a Ranger fan.
Mom: Of course you are. Is this interview finished?
Me: It can be...
Mom: It is.
Me: Just two more questions: 1.) Are these books getting repetitive and would you recommend them to people who are Stephanie Plum fans?
Mom: They're not getting repetitive and yes I'd recommend them to other Stephanie Plum fans.
Me: Thanks so much for this interview!!!!
Mom: I'm not doing this again....