Monday, March 24, 2014

Review: Beyond Jealousy by Kit Rocha



Title: Beyond Jealousy
Author: Kit Rocha
Genre: Erotica/Dystopian
Series: Beyond #4
Publisher: Kit Rocha
Number of Pages: 301
Source: Author
She’s been looking for the perfect man. She found two. When Rachel Riley sacrificed a life in Eden to protect the O’Kanes, she earned her place in the powerful Sector Four gang. But the former crime princess is tired of being everyone’s sweet little sister . It’s time for her to get wild, to embrace her fantasies as only an O’Kane can—with a delicious exiled soldier and the gang’s wickedly sinful tattoo artist. A saint... Lorenzo Cruz is a warrior, taught by his commanding officers in Eden that involvement equals distraction. Emotion is a liability, and desire a sin. In Sector Four, he finds decadence, shameless sex—and his own dark urges. No battle strategy prepared him for how Rachel makes his heart race…or the way his rival for her affections sets his blood on fire. ...and a sinner. Ace Santana has a dirty reputation and a mind to match, especially where his new lovers are concerned. He’s eager to help Cruz embrace his dominant side, and to explore the lines between pleasure and pain with Rachel. But corrupting them quickly becomes an obsession, a need he can’t deny—and a love he never imagined. Three hearts on the line means a hundred ways their ménage a trois could go wrong. After all, even O’Kanes do forever two-by-two. One of them could be the missing piece that makes them all whole…or a temporary diversion destined for a broken heart.

 Where to begin with this book?? I love this series so much. It's dark, gritty, has heroes to die for, heroines that kick butt and scenes where you seriously need a fan to cool down after reading them, they are just that scorching hot!  You know those books that stay with you long after you finish them and then when you go to write the review you can't because it was just that good? That's how this book was for me. This is the fourth book in the series, and while it can be read as a stand alone, I really don't recommend it because there is an over all story arc that won't make sense unless you've read the other books in the series. That's right-this is an erotica series with a plot!

I think what makes this book stand out is that there are so many twists and turns that I didn't see coming. The ending just about gave me a heart attack. While I was reading it I thought I had everything figured out, but nope I was totally wrong and I love that!!What I loved most about Beyond Jealousy is that Rachel, Cruz and Ace all have serious issues to overcome, and it was so much fun watching them work them out. There were times that I just wanted to hug and slap Ace at the same time. He is one of my favorite O'kanes, and he seriously just about broke my heart. Rachel and Cruz had issues as well, and I loved watching them work everything out. 

The one small problem I had was that Cruz and Ace were so wonderfully alpha male, and as tough as Rachel was, I had trouble connecting to her, and out of all of my heroines she for some reason is my least favorite so far. However, that didn't take away from the book because there is just so much going on that it didn't bother me like it normally would.   

Another thing that surprises me about this book is that are so many random pov changes that I'm like this is never going to work, but it always does and it makes me fall in love with characters I didn't really care about before. This is just a fun, fun series that everyone should be reading!! This book left me once again wanting to be an O'Kane!