Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Twelve Days of Seduction by Maire Claremont


Title: The Twelve Days of Seduction 
Author: Maire Claremont 
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Entangled Flaunt 
Number of Pages: 120
Source: Publisher
Alexander Hunt, Eighth Duke of Berresford, is aware his ward's governess misrepresented herself to gain employment, and he’s quite displeased, even if she is one of the most intelligent women’s he’s ever met. His ward deserves a reputable governess, so he threatens to give Adriana the sack mere days before Christmas. Desperate to convince the sexy duke not to tear her from the little girl she's grown to adore, Adriana challenges him to prove she’s not the reputable governess he believed he hired. If he can seduce her before the Twelve Days of Christmas have come to an end, she will leave without protest. But when they find the challenge more difficult than either imagined, can they face the consequences of their decisions?





I'm not having very good luck with holiday themed romances this year. I really think they just aren't my thing.  The Twelve Days of Seduction was just ok. I really had a hard time liking Adriana, and I'm not sure why because she was everything I normally like in a heroine-strong, independent and not afraid to speak what was on her mind. For whatever reason, I just had a hard time with her and the Duke as a couple. I think my main problem was that as this was so short...it's hard to fit everything in and something always comes up short in novellas this length.

For me it was romance-I just wanted a bit more wooing on both parts...the passion scenes were wonderful, and every time I was about to stop reading, one would pop up and hold my attention a bit longer.


Even though I had problems with Adriana, I loved the Duke and kinda wish it been told completely from his pov. I just loved how he was all Duke like but at the same time had a good heart underneath it.

Even though this book wasn't really for me, I want to read a longer historical romance by this author because the writing was really good and I'd love to see what she does with characters when she has more time for the reader to get to know them.