Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: Beyond Pain by Kit Rocha



Title: Beyond Pain
Author: Kit Rocha
Series: Beyond #3
Genre: Dystopian Erotica Romance
Publisher: Kit Rocha
Source: Author
A woman with no future… Live fast, die young–anything else is a fantasy for Six. She’s endured the worst the sectors had to throw at her, but falling in with Dallas O’Kane’s Sector Four gang lands her in a whole new world of danger. They’re completely open about everything, including their sexuality–but she hasn’t survived this long by making herself vulnerable. Especially not to men as dominant as Brendan Donnelly. A man without a past… Bren is a killer, trained in Eden and thrown to the sectors. His one outlet is pain, in the cage and in the bedroom, and emotion is a luxury he can’t afford–until he meets Six. Protecting her soothes him, but it isn’t enough. Her hunger for touch sparks a journey of erotic discovery where anything goes–voyeurism, flogging, rough sex. He has only one rule: he won’t share her. In Bren’s arms, Six is finally free to let go. But his obsession with the man who made him a monster could destroy the fragile connection they’ve forged, and cost him the one thing that makes him feel human–her love

Warning: Gush Fest ahead. (It couldn't be helped.)

This series is just blow your mind amazing. It's dark, gritty, fabulous and so, so hot there really aren't enough adjectives to describe how hot it is. This series is not for the faint of heart. It's not light hearted or fluffy,  but that is what makes the characters in this series so fantastic. They all have issues, and to me that is what pulls on my heartstrings-you just want to give them all a big hug and help them get through their troubles so they can find their match!

Beyond Pain just made me fall in love with Bren and Six.  I loved how Six (Yes, that is her name, and it's explained why in the book) reacted to being thrown into Sector 4. She wasn't brought in under the best of circumstances, and is fighting to find a place and isn't convinced that she really belongs. I love how shocked she is at everyone's openness in their feelings and sexuality. She doesn't get how Dallas O'Kane can lead his gang this way-it was just very different then Sector three, where she was from and had a very hard life. I loved watching her struggle and overcome her insecurities with Bren. While she was insecure, she was still tough as nails and not afraid to speak out or kick some butt. It's rare that this mix works, but with Six it just did. I was cheering her on while wanting to give her a hug at the same time.

Bren made me feel a bit guilty because I didn't think I'd like anyone as much as I did Jasper and Dallas. I felt like I was cheating on those two with my new crush on him. :) I loved him so much because he got Six and was tough yet endearing at the same time. Like everyone else in Sector 4, the boy has issues, and had a lot to work out. He wasn't from the sectors, but from the big city of Eden. In Beyond Pain we learn more about why he was tossed out. I just wanted to tell him to forget his revenge, but at the same time so badly want to see him go after the guy who wronged him.  

As with previous book, the pov changes so much that it really should be one big discombobulated mess, but somehow everyone's stories pull together to make you an emotional mess at the end. In Beyond Pain  there is one scene at the end between Cruz/Ace that just well, made me want the next book right now. It was just well.....*shudders*and enough to make me wish I was a beta reader for Beyond Jealousy.

This series is one you really want to take a chance on and really is my favorite erotica romance series.  Kit Rocha has become an auto buy author for me. The It has everything-compelling characters, heartfelt romance, fabulous world building and scorching hot sex scenes.