Friday, July 26, 2013

This Time Next Year by Catherine Peace



Title: This Time Next Year
Author: Catherine Peace
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Decadent
Number of Pages: 38
Source: Publisher












Vampire Kiernan Shaw has never forgotten the night twenty years ago when he’d been forced to stand by while another vampire killed a six-year-old girl’s parents in front of her.

He’s spent the better part of the last two decades watching over her, protecting her and hoping for an opportunity to make amends one day. Ever since surviving the vampire attack that killed her parents, Moira Curran has dealt with the resulting nightmares and abandonment issues the only way she could—by throwing herself into her biochemistry career, preferring a life of a hermit in her lab to facing the reality of her lonely life. Madame Eve brings them back together for one fateful night.

An immediate bond of sizzling chemistry and respect forms, but can it heal her fears and his guilt.


I was lucky enough to meet the author at the Lori Foster Reader/Author Get Together in June (I swear I will get my recap post up soon!) and have been twitter friends with her for a long time. I  have to say I was really excited to read this book because vampires just never get old!

There are three things that  I've come to expect from a 1Night Stand novella: a compelling storyline, hot sex and super likable characters that make me wish the novella was just a chapter or two longer. This Time Next Year didn't disappoint me.

I think what I liked most about this story was that it wasn't your traditional vampire story. Kiernan was vulnerable, and really felt bad for what happened to Moira's family all those years ago and wanted to make up to her. Madam Eve works her magic and brings Moira into his life again..but while Moira is vulnerable, I loved that she was also independent and made decisions on her own terms. This was just a sweet romance with a lot of passion! I want to say more, but it was just 38 pages and I don't want to spoil anything. This was one of the best debut books I've read in a long time!