Saturday, April 6, 2013

Review: About Last Night By Ruthie Knox







Title: About Last Night 
Author: Ruthie Knox 
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Number of Pages: 230 
Publisher: LoveSwept/Random House 
Source: My Copy 









Cath Talarico knows a mistake when she makes it, and God knows she’s made her share. So many, in fact, that this Chicago girl knows London is her last, best shot at starting over. But bad habits are hard to break, and soon Cath finds herself back where she has vowed never to go . . . in the bed of a man who is all kinds of wrong: too rich, too classy, too uptight for a free-spirited troublemaker like her. Nev Chamberlain feels trapped and miserable in his family’s banking empire. But beneath his pinstripes is an artist and bohemian struggling to break free and lose control. Mary Catherine—even her name turns him on—with her tattoos, her secrets, and her gamine, sex-starved body, unleashes all kinds of fantasies. When blue blood mixes with bad blood, can a couple that is definitely wrong for each other ever be perfectly right? And with a little luck and a lot of love, can they make last night last a lifetime?


I'm still not quite sure why I bought this book-maybe it had something to do with the cover? However, I am so glad I took a chance on this contemporary romance by Ruthie Knox. This was so much better then her first book, Ride With Me (My review is here for that one) I think I may have finally found a Contemporary Romance author that I can read. Yay!!   


Nev and Cath come from different worlds, but this just makes them so much fun together. Cath comes from Chicago and her family has mafia connections. Nev comes from a really wealthy family with an old history.  The two try to fight their attraction for each other, but of course it doesn't work. I liked how they grew to trust each other slowly, even though they were having hot sex together. The only thing that bugged me about this book was that while I get why Cath had her hangups, they were revealed so late in the story that they didn't really matter to me and couldn't get behind them 100 percent. I thought she should have trusted  Nev a little sooner then she did.   Aside from that though, this was a quick, enjoyable read and I still can't believe that I enjoyed it as much as I did!! 


Colette's Note: I could have sworn that I posted this along with three other reviews in a post, but I couldn't find it & when discovered this when I was updating my blog for #bloggiesta. Sorry if it's a re-post!