Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: Ride With Me by Ruthie Knox


 Title: Ride With Me 
Author: Ruthie Knox
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Loveswept 
Number of Pages: E Book 
Source: My copy





  
When Lexie Marshall places an ad for a cycling companion, she hopes to find someone friendly and fun to cross the TransAmerica Trail with. Instead, she gets Tom Geiger—a lean, sexy loner whose bad attitude threatens to spoil the adventure she’s spent years planning.Roped into the cycling equivalent of a blind date by his sister, Tom doesn’t want to ride with a chatty, go-by-the-map kind of woman, and he certainly doesn’t want to want her. Too bad the sight of Lexie with a bike between her thighs really turns his crank. Even Tom’s stubborn determination to keep Lexie at a distance can’t stop a kiss from leading to endless nights of hotter-than-hot sex. But when the wild ride ends, where will they go next? (goodreads)
 



This was one of those books were I fell for all the hype. After seeing so many of my go to bloggers fall in love with it, I decided to take a chance on it. Ride with Me by Ruthie Knox had me right up until the very end of the book. I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed with an ending, but more on that later.

I have to say that I didn't think a bike ride across country could be so entertaining.  I loved the chemistry between Tom and Lexie. This is one of those romances where the "I can't be with you because.." actually works. I liked that they weren't friends right away. Both are stubborn and independent.   Lexie has to do everything by the rules, and Tom doesn't do anything by the rules. I loved the eye rolling that Tom did every time Lexie would check her bike's computer, and watching Lexie cringe every time Tom did something the the biking rules said not to do.

 I was pleasantly surprised by all the hot love scenes between Lexie and Tom. Once these two got together there was no stopping them. I also liked how what I thought would cause a fight didn't. When the two first met, Lexie lied to Tom and told him she was married. Once he found out she wasn't, he was more relieved then anything. I think I would have been a little more upset about that then he was, but still it was so nice for that not to be the cause of the dissension.

When the obligatory fight did happen, I have to say I didn't quite understand why it had to happen. The romance between the two was so nice, that the actual fight between them just seemed well, out of place for some reason. What made a really good book just meh for was the fact that they spent most of the last part of the book in the fight.  When they finally do make up to have their happily ever after, it was Tom just saying sorry for being such a jerk and to be with him. I think that annoyed me so much because Lexie had been such a strong, independent character that her immediate acceptance just didn't feel right to me.  The whole ending just felt rushed. I was so involved with these two, that I wanted more of them together after the fight. I felt robbed of their ending because the make up was basically a page.  I thought I had 20% more to read, and instead it was promos for other Loveswept titles. I actually screamed a little bit when I saw the book was over because I wanted more... I felt like they did the book an injustice by saving room for ads when instead it could have been a better conclusion. I've noticed that they now put a warning on goodreads that there are other titles, that go along with the book, but I pre-ordered this book, and don't remember seeing that on there.

Despite my dislike of the ending, this was still a cute book, and one of the few contemporary romances that I've been able to finish. 


Curran Crush Meter: Medium 
Martini Sigh Meter: Medium 
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: Medium 
Sizzle Meter: High 
Finn and Swopes Sidekick Meter: Medium