Monday, March 18, 2013

Grave Secret By Sierra Dean


Title: Grave Secret 
Author: Sierra Dean 
Genre: Urban Fantasy 
Series: Secret McQueen #5
Publisher: Samhain 
Number of Pages: 301
Source: AuthorRelease Date: March 19, 2013







 Sometimes a secret goes to the grave. Sometimes Secret puts you there. It’s been a hell of a year for Secret McQueen, and the last thing in the world she wants is to get caught up in werewolf drama. But when her former fiancĂ© Lucas Rain shows up asking for her help, she knows there’s no easy way out. After making it known she wants nothing to do with him, Secret agrees to help find Lucas’s wayward sister Kellen. After all, how much trouble could one socialite get into in the city that never sleeps? Unless that socialite has been spirited away by fairies. Trying to track down a missing girl in an alternate reality is just the start of Secret’s problems, though. Someone appears to be killing teenagers, and the MO looks eerily similar to something for which the half-fairy oracle, Calliope, might be responsible. Throw in a rogue wolf pack claiming allegiance to Secret’s mother, Mercy, and she’ll have miles to go before she rests. Warning: This book contains a promise fulfilled, sex that’s out of this world, and more heartache than one hybrid assassin can handle








This series is fabulous and it's my most favorite of all the UF series that I read. It has everything you could ask for: a sassy heroine, a love triangle that drives you nutso and makes you a fanatic.  (in a good way) (Team Desmond holla!)  I was really worried when I started this book because I knew that this one had a lot more Holden in it. I was afraid I'd gravitate toward him instead of my beloved Desmond. While I did like him a lot more, never fear I am still totally on Team Desmond!  Though Sig just makes me like him more and more with each book. 

The characters in this series have become close book friends to me now, and I love seeing them again. I just wish that Cedes had been in this one a bit more, and that Sig while he was in this one a lot, I would love to see him involved in the plots even more. He is a very close second to my favorite werewolf, Desmond. He gets Secret, and I  love how he knows just how far to push her.  He is so mysterious and I hope we find out more about his past in books to come. 

I feel like Secret has grown a lot with each book. In this one, she realizes who she loves more, even though she makes some stupid ass mistakes and made me want to slap her silly.  In this book, Lucas' sister goes missing. The search for her takes her to a different realm, and I have to admit I liked how even though Secret thinks she knows everything and can handle anything her plan to get Lucas' sister back  backfires in a way that even she couldn't imagine.  It was nice to see her ego be checked in.  

As much as I love this series and Secret, her decisions and lack of foresight of how they might hurt others DROVE ME CRAZY. These decisions might, just might have something to do with a certain vampire.  So if you are on that team, this book will probably make you very happy. :)  My main problem is I'm getting impatient in the romance department with Secret. I think by now the love triangle should be down to just one.  Heck, even Ethan and Merit had gotten together by book 5! 



Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: HIGH 
Martini Sigh Meter: HIGH 
Curran Crush Meter: HIGH 
Rhiannon kick ass heroine meter: High 
Sizzle Meter: High