Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bloggiesta Finish Line!!!



I had so much fun doing Bloggiesta this time! I got a lot more done then I usually do.  Here were my goals:





  • To make my header banner the right/size width
  • I almost did this! I finally found a cute image to use thanks to picmonkey, but for the life of me can not get it sized right. It needs to be about 960 in width, but words always get cut off when I make it that length.




  • Make a new grab me button to go along with the banner
  • This was hard because it took me so long to find the right graphic to use for my banner. I'm also having a hard time with the right size. :sigh: 




  • Add a signature to each post
  • Thanks to google I found Live Signature and it made it super easy to do a signature. Now that I have it, I'm not sure I like it enough to keep! 




  • Work on updating my labels. 
  • This was not as painful as I thought it would be!! Thankfully I was in a major reading funk in February so updating this years labels didn't take as long as I though it would be. While I was at it, I also added my labels to the search description section. 
       



  • Do a few of the challenges! 
  • The challenges I participated in were:
    Jump Start Your Traffic With StumbleUpon
     I have to say I never thought about using this site as a traffic source! I added a button to my side bar, but while doing the declutter your sidebar challenge I accidentally deleted it & never went back to get a new one. 

    Declutter your Sidebar
    This is one challenge I sorely needed! I moved all of my anticipated reads, blogs I read and what Teams I'm on to the pages section. My sidebars look so bare now!! 

     Get Involved 
     I am going to donate books to the library and get involved with the Books For Soldiers organization. I can't wait to do this! 

    Things I accomplished that I didn't plan on: 
    Reviews: 
    I wrote a few reviews on books where I had started reviewing them but for some reason never got around to finishing writing the review. I have enough posts now for two weeks. Woohoo! Although I could swear that i did a mini review posts with a few of them. So sorry for any duplicate posts coming up in the near future!

    All in all I had a lot of fun doing #bloggeista this time around. The twitter chat I took part in was a lot of fun! I had my background changed to teal, but decided I missed the purple too much & changed it back. Still not sure about my new header.