Friday, December 28, 2012

Guest Post: Most Anticipated books


Please help me welcome Tasha from Truth, Beauty, Freedom & Books!! She's here today talking about the books she was most looking forward to reading in 2012. I'm over at her place talking about what books I was most looking forward to. Come say hello!  


The (A?) Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling--Like many others, I was very intrigued by what JK Rowling would write after Harry Potter. So much so that I drove to the bookstore the day of the release to buy a copy of the book. THIS ALMOST NEVER HAPPENS. Victim of marketing, thy name is Tasha. Anyway, after all that, I read the first chapter and decided the book could probably keep for another time. I don't need to be depressed any more than I already am.

Iced by Karen Marie Moning--This was definitely one of the books I was most looking forward to reading in 2012 after enjoying the Fever series. Unfortunately, I do not get this book AT ALL. Do not get. Why is Dani fourteen? Why do all the chapters have song lyrics for the title if there's no music in the books? Why is Ryodan there all the time? Why should I give a "feck" about Unseelies freezing? Plus it was episodic and boring and put me to sleep in the middle of the afternoon.

The Importance of Being Wicked by Miranda Neville--Um, haven't read it yet. Okay, I lie, I read two pages and decided to read something else. I think the novella totally ruined me for this book.

Endshadowed by Kelly Creagh--I was SO. EXCITED. about this release. I loved loved loved Nevermore by this author, and the sequel was delayed by years. You can imagine how much I was looking forward to Enshadowed, then, right? Unfortunately, the book was very disappointing. There was very little Varen (my favorite character), and while I still enjoyed Creagh's writing, the story was just boring.

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness--I'm not sure I would say I was excited about this release after reading A Discovery of Witches, but considering the huge cliffhanger at the end of Discovery, I definitely wanted to read Shadow of Night. Soooooo... I read about fifty pages and was bored. Basically it's a bunch of people in a room, talking. ENDLESSLY. For like 150 pages. Also, the main character seemed weirdly incidental, like she was just there to stand around and describe what was happening. Kill me now. Then my mom told me how the book ended so I have no desire to read it now.

What were some of the reads you were looking forward to reading this year?