Monday, September 10, 2012

The Angel by Tiffany Reisz

 ******May contain some spoilers if you haven't read The Siren.****


 Title: The Angel 
Author: Tiffany Reisz 
Genre: Erotica 
Series: The Sinners #2 
Publisher: Mira 
Number of Pages: 400 
Source: Netgalley 
Release Date: September 17, 2012




 
Infamous erotica author and accomplished dominatrix Nora Sutherlin is doing something utterly out of character: hiding. While her longtime lover, Søren–whose fetishes, if exposed, would be his ruin–is under scrutiny pending a major promotion, Nora’s lying low and away from temptation in the lap of luxury.
Her host, the wealthy and uninhibited Griffin Fiske, is thrilled to have Nora stay at his country estate, especially once he meets her traveling companion. Young, inexperienced and angelically beautiful, Michael has become Nora’s protégé, and this summer with Griffin is going to be his training here the hazing never ends.
But while her flesh is willing, Nora’s mind is wandering. To thoughts of Søren, her master, under investigation by a journalist with an ax to grind. And to another man from Nora’s past, whose hold on her is less bruising, but whose secrets are no less painful. It’s a summer that will prove the old adage: love hurts. (goodreads)


The Angel is mesmerizing, captivating, heart pounding, hot, sexy, edge of your seat fun. This is one of those rare books where time ceases to exist while you dive into the world that Tiffany Reisz created.

The Angel takes place about a year after The Siren, and what I love about it is while this continues the story told in the first book it's completely different and totally heartbreaking. I can't remember the last time I got so emotionally involved with every single character. The beginning was a bit slow and graphic, and I was a bit worried for the rest of the book. However, once I got about 40% in, I couldn't stop reading. It was a page turner of the highest degree.  When I read the first book, I really didn't like Soren. I couldn't understand Noras fascination with him. However, after reading this one I have a bit of a crush on him, and that totally caught me off guard. We see more insights into him, and his past and what makes him the man he is today. We also learn more about Nora and her relationship with Soren.  Nora remains one of my favorite all time heroines. I love that she is just so tough, independent yet at the same time vulnerable.

The secondary characters in this series are amazing. Each are full of life, and pull on the heartstrings. As soon as you think you know all about them, you don't. Each one broke my heart just a little. I've never wanted a happy ending for so many people before. Without spoiling things though, there is one character introduced in this book that I really didn't care for, and will be quite happy if I never see that character again.

This book is flat out amazing. Tiffany Reisz is a masterful storyteller. My heart broke, and yet I kept going back for more. This series took me out of my comfort zone and has taken erotica to a whole new level. This is a series you don't want to miss.









   
Off the charts HIGH!!





Off the charts HIGH!!





Off the charts HIGH!!





Off the charts HIGH!!






Off the charts HIGH!!




Off the charts HIGH!!





Off the charts HIGH!!