Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chasing Fate by Elle Rossi


 Title: Chasing Fate
Author: Elle J Rossi
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Unspun #3 
Publisher: Self
Source: Author






She is forced to kill . . .
When a much-needed vacation turns into work for the third Fate, Atropos vows to sever the mortal’s lifeline quickly and get back to the sea and sand. Having her mysterious quarry offer a deal in exchange for more time is an unexpected complication. Always surrounded by darkness and death, Attie takes a chance to get a taste of life and help right a wrong that never should have happened. He refuses to die . . .Dru spent months praying for death to take him. Anger over the brutal killing of his family festered until those prayers turned to plans for revenge. Making a deal with the Death Fate was the only way to extend his lease on life. He only needed a handful of days to avenge those he lost.


Chasing Fate is book three in the Unspun Trilogy about the three fates: Chloe, Lacey and Attie. What I love most about this series is that all the stories work great as stand alones, and are really fast reads.  The only complaint I have about this series is that the only paranormal elements are that the sisters are fates-we never really see them use their powers so the stories read more like romantic suspense novellas to me. However that being said, I was able to read all three of them, and as everyone knows I do not have the best relationship with that genre-I want to love those books, but they don't love me back! 

Chasing Fate was my favorite of the three books and I think it's because the Attie and Dru spend a lot of time together and aren't immediately on the run. Dru wants to make a deal with Attie, and unlike most humans he can see her-always has been. Attie is shocked that he can see and hear her, and is immediately intrigued by him. He's out for vengeance,  and she agrees to help him. I loved that these two were both so tough and independent but at the same time had a lot of passion, and caved into it instead of fighting it. There were some smoking hot scenes, and i have to admit I loved the Happily Ever After in this one. At the end of the book I found myself wanting more of these two! 

The unspun trilogy was a delight to read, and all are perfect when you are in the mood for something light, hot and fun to read.