Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair Bea: Introductions

With all the excitement surrounding the Lori Foster Reader/Author Get Together I totally forgot that Armchair Bea starts this week! This is my first year taking part in it. My recap of the Lori Foster Reader/Author Get Together will be up soon, with pictures. I promise!!!! Armchair Bea is for those of us who can't go to Book Expo America in New York this week. It makes feel like we are part of the action.

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?  Gah! I hate these questions. I never know what to put. I'm Colette, and I've been blogging for 3 years. I love it. :) I got into it because a friend of mine-who blogs over at Truth, Freedom, Beauty & Books started hers and my book chatter was taking over my personal blog and boring my readers to death.

What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading Coveted by Shawntelle Madison. I am to the halfway point of it, and love it!! It has a quirky yet lovable heroine, who is a werewolf, an alpha male who is the leader of her pack and a jerk, but still has a soft spot for her and a wizard who I think is going to win me over to his side.My favorite books so far are: Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones, Heart Signs By Cari Quinn, The Hostage Bargain by Annika Martin, and Between by Jessica Warman. (which was written last year.)

Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. Until I went to the Lori Foster Reader/Author Get Together last year I had never been to a book signing before. It tragic, I know. I still don't know why I never went to them. Since last May I have been to see Leanna Renee Hieber and JR Ward. (I've been to two of hers.) Leanna's was the first one I actually went to in my metro area. How sad is that??? She was totally awesome though. This year I hope to go to a bit more of them..but going from none to three is still a pretty big leap. :)
 

Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read? It's a guest post my mom did for Finger Lickin Fifteen. She was hilarious.

If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? It's a close call between Barrons and Curran..but Barrons from The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning wins. He  is just a wonderfully tortured hero with serious issues and I can't get enough of him.

What literary location would you most like to visit? I'd love to visit Hogsmeade from the Harry Potter series. Why? So I can have some Butter Beer and visit the Weasly Brothers store.

Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? Yes!!!! How? I pretty much only read chick lit, Historical Romance/Fiction and light paranormal romance. Now I love Urban Fantasy. The darker the better! I also read Young Adult books. My favorite is dystopia. I have Susan Beth Pfeffer to thank for that. I read Life As We Knew It by her and was hooked.