Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Armchair Bea: Favorites of 2012



Welcome to day two of Armchair bea where we talk about our favorite books of 2012. I don't think that the real BEA in New York could be as much fun as Armchair bea is!! Do you know what surprised me about my favorites list? I only had two Urban Fantasy books on there and no Paranormal Romance boooks! I think that is because I have fallen way behind in reading some of my favorite series. I'm always on the look out for new UF authors/series.



I adore this Urban Fantasy. It has a drool worthy mysterious love interest in Reyes, a great secondary cast that makes me laugh out loud, and a heroine who is likable and kicks some major butt. 



This book was actually published last year, but I snuck it in anyway. This is a YA book that will keep you turning pages till they go numb. It's about revenge, love, forgiveness, and the mystery surrounding the heroine, Liz will keep you guessing.




    

I'll be honest. I didn't think I'd like this one because I don't do books with widows in them. However, it was Cari Quinn, so I took a chance. This book was just wonderfully sweet, and yes I just said that about an erotica.



This is the doppelganger of one of my favorite Urban Fantasy writers, Carolyn Crane. I'll be honest. I thought I was going to have a hard time with this one. I mean a heroine who is a sheep farmer and hooks up with bank robbers? Really?? I love being proved wrong. Melinda is a likable, the guys are smokin hot, and I found myself cheering for them. Plus the hot scenes were hot!! If you like menages, you have to give this one a try.







I almost missed this book in my overflowing email. Something though, told me to open it, and I'm glad I did. This book was just lol funny. Dr. Charm is a retired super villain, who married his arch rival, super hero Zephyr girl. Every thing is great until his wife, who also retired from being a super hero, decides to go back to work. Dr. Charm has a Presidential Election to rig, kids to watch, and when his kids accidentally break his machine that is designed to make his wife love him, he realizes he'll do anything to get her back.  














This is hands down one of my favorite YA series. There's nothing not to like about it. Gwen is strong, independent, yet vulnerable at the same time. Mythos academy itself  is like a character in the book. It's full of magic and wonder.                     

          
                                                      

Confession: I'm not actually finished with this book yet. I have about 90 pages left. However, I know it's going to be a favorite. It has all the right elements: fun, off beat heroine, dreamy guys, interesting world building. I could go on and on but I just realized how huge this list has gotten. How did that happen????  What are your favorite books of 2012? I can't wait to check out everyone else's must reads!! 
  







This series will forever hold a special place in my heart because it got me reading sci fi romance. Who knew aliens could be so sexy??? Martini is one of my favorite book boyfriends and I actually named my kindles after him. :) This series is lol funny and the characters will worm their way into your heart.

















Books I can't wait for: