Monday, April 30, 2012

Soul Survivor by Misty Evans


Title: Soul Survivor
Author: Misty Evans
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Carina Press
Source: Netgalley 




Haunted by tragedy, FBI profiler Rife St. Cloud is driven to find the person who brutally attacked six women. Unfortunately the only survivor, Keva Moon Water, has no memory of what happened, and the evidence makes her the prime suspect.Keva cannot die. She has waited a thousand years to be reunited with the man she loves, whose soul sleeps within Rife. Though he refuses to believe her claims of immortality, there's no denying the passion that burns between them. Keva desperately hopes their sexual connection will be enough to awaken Rife's memories of the love affair that started a war and bound their souls together for all eternity.  But when Keva's own memories come trickling back, she realizes that a future with Rife depends upon confronting the mistakes of the distant past...
 This is one of those books that I feel dumb for not reading sooner. I have had it on my kindle since it came out. For some reason though, I thought this was a Romantic Suspense novel, and could never find the right mood to hit me to read this book. Little did I know that this book was all kinds of magic. As the author told me when I confessed that I thought it was romantic suspense, it is that, but it's also paranormal romance, and time travel.  Sounds crazy, but it totally works. 
 Keva and Rife are so different from each other that I didn't see how a romance between them could work. But work it does, and in spades. This is one of those rare books where I feel like no matter what I write, I won't do the book justice. I loved the Native American aspect of the book, and how it combined magic with practically. Keva was just well awesome. I loved how she tried to stay one step ahead of the guy after her, how remorseful she felt of the actions that made her immortal, and has to make a decision that could cost her happiness. It was an emotional read that I didn't expect and I loved how nicely the time travel fit in with everything. Out of all of the books I've read by Misty Evans this one is by far my favorite. If you are looking for something outside the box when it comes to paranormal romance, then I highly recommend this book. You won't be disappointed.


Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: High
Curran Crush Meter: High
Martini Sigh Meter: High
Rhiannon Kick Ass Heroine: Meter