Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read A Thon Day!!





Hours 7-11:
I am still on book two, Heartsigns by Cari Quinn. I got distracted by a trip to the library, a nap and dinner. I'm totally ready to finish this one. I love Cari Quinn's eroticas because they are so non-typical eroticas. The hero in this one is a widower, which noramlly doesn't work for me, but totally is in this one. I hope to finish this one by #fauxhitchfest tonight when we watch The Philadelphia Story. 
Cans of Coke drank: 2
Cups of Coffee drank: 2
Naps Taken:
Food: Pizza for lunch and Chinese for dinner. Yum! 
Books Read:
Comments left on other blogs:
Tweets: Too many too count. Holla at me at @buckeyegirl31 
Mini Challenges participated in: 1
Hours 2-7
Ok, I am not an early riser kind of person. It takes me a long time to get going. Even though I was up at 8:00am I didn't start reading till 11:00. I just finished my first book Soul Survivor by Misty Evans and was surprised at how much I loved it. I don't know why I was surprised, as I've enjoyed everything I've read by her so far. This book makes me want to read book 2 in the series right away. The best part? The books are in the same series, but work well as stand alones.


Mini Challenge, Hour 1-Reading in Translation: 


Reading Through Life has kicked off a great mini challenge and asks: 


If you could read any book that’s been translated into English in its ORIGINAL language, what would it be?
This is a hard one, but I'd have to say IQ84 by Haruki Murakami. It's been on my wishlist for awhile now.  

Include the original book’s cover if possible; if you want, also post the English cover for comparison.


Japanese Cover: 




English Cover:











I actually like the Japanese cover better!
Optional imaginary bonus points: post a sentence from the book in its original language. Thank you Babel
Fish Translator! 
English: The Taxi’s radio was turned to a classical FM radio broadcast. Janacek’s Sifonietta is probably not the ideal music to listen to in a taxi caught in traffic.


Japanese:  タクシーのラジオは古典的なFMの無線放送に回った。 JanacekのSifoniettaはおそらく聞く理想的な音楽交通でつかまえられるタクシーをではない。

For some reason blogger refuses to un-center for me. ):  I had a great time doing this challenge though! 






Hour 1:
I can't believe it's here already. I've decided to keep everything in or two posts this year-it just moves so much easier.  Anywho, here are my answers to the introduction post:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  Ohio

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont
 and Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? The Pizza I have for later on. 


4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Hm. I just switched jobs and started working part time in an independent bookstore. I've been there about 3 weeks, and I can tell my bank account won't like me working there. I'm also about to become an Aunt for the first time. My sister is due on May 1st. I can't wait!!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  I've lost count of how many read-a-thons I've done over the last 3 yrs, but I've done each one differently. This time I want to take part in more mini challenges, talk with more people on twitter (oh how I wish there was a master list of people's twitter names somewhere) and visit more blogs. I am also going to be reading review books. Normally I stay far away from those on read-a-thon day as I'm afraid if I don't read them fast enough, I'll not like them-and that's not really fair.  My advice: HAVE FUN! MINGLE! DO MINI CHALLENGES! It's ok if you only finish one or two books. (that's the most I ever finish.)