Friday, December 30, 2011

My favorites of the year

This year was so much fun! I had so many firsts. I went to my first reader/author get together at Lori Fosters and got to meet Bells from Hanging With Bells, Liza from Blogging with Liza, Mandi from Smexybooks, Katie from Katidom. The first author that I got to meet was the wonderful Monica Burns, followed by the awesome JA Saare and super nice Stephanie Julian and Nancy Naigle who through Liza has me addicted to Sweet Tea Candy. I also got to hear Leanna Renee Hieber speak and she was wonderful!  I also went to my first official book signing to JR Ward with Liza and another twitter friend. I then went to my second book signing with Leanna Renee Hieber with Jenny from Supernatural Snark. We got to have frozen yogurt with her afterwards-how cool is that?? Someday I'll get my pictures up of that signing. Jenny talks about it on her blog in this post.

Favorite New Book Boyfriends 
Desmond from the Secret McQueen Series by Sierra Dean
Paine from the Rhiannon's Law Series by JA Saare
Reyes from the Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jones
Dragos from Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Favorite New Heroines:
Secret from The Secret McQueen Series by Sierra Dean
Charley from The Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jones

Surprising Favorites: 
SpellCast by Barbara Ashford 
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Ya Favorites:
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Darker Still By Leanna Renee Hieber
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Favorite Novellas:
Bad Kitty by Cari Quinn
Golden by Joely Sue Burkhart
Bad Blood by Lucienne Diver

Books I meant to read but didn't get to: 
Assassin's Heart and Inferno's Kiss by Monica Burns 
Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews 
Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward 
Storms Heart and Serpents Kiss by Thea Harrison 
Chosen By Fate and Chosen by Sin by Virna De Paul


Nominations for my favorite book of the year:

Secret totally kiss ass. She yields a knife and isn't afraid to use it. She is dating the head of the Eastern Werepack who tastes like cinnamon and his second who tastes like lime and is my new book hottie. She would do really well in a fight, but could she beat Triss who beat everything Dauntless threw at her and has the cougar-worthy Four by her side?
While Triss might be able to jump off moving trains and fight her fears, I'm not sure how she would do against Charley. Charley can see dead people and has the mysterious Reyes by her side. She is full of action, and no one stands in her way.
Charley isn't the only one who can see dead people. Rhiannon also has that talent and has vampires on her side. She is one tough cookie. 
However tough Rhiannon might be, could she beat Mac in a fight? Mac has one weapon that beats everything: Barrons. He's scorching hot and so mysterious he makes the other guys look like an open book.
Mac might have Barrons, but could she beat Kitty, her husband Jeff and adorable royal poofs that turn into eating machines at her command?


Poor Anne. The only non fighting heroine of the bunch. Is true love enough to win the battle against the others?
It was a close call, but the winner goes to:

 I mean really, who can beat Barrons and Mac 5.0?
“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.” 
“He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?"
I do. Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me.”
*swoons dead away*
Thank you to everyone for making this such a great year!! This is the most fun I've had blogging yet. :)