Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Secret Summer Santa Exchange


The other day as I was trying to catch up on blogs that I haven't visited in awhile, I went to the Unread Reader, and Missie was talking about this great Secret Summer Santa Exchange hosted by Ruby's Reads. I thought it was such a fun idea that I decided to do it.

Here are the rules, which I took from Ruby's site: 
Here's how the Secret Summer Santa Exchange will work: Each participant will make a Secret Summer Santa Amazon Wishlist with a collection of titles (all under fifteen dollars). Names will be thrown in a virtual hat and drawn so that each person will have a Secret Summer Santa who will give them a book, and a Secret Summer Santee they will give to. Secret Summer Santas will choose a title from their Santee's wishlist. I want to be clear: Everyone who signs up will both give and receive a Summer Reading book. Sounds like fun? Yeah, I thought so too.
Here are the rules:
  1. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. Everyone's welcome!
  2. You will need an Amazon account in order to participate, and you should create a special Wishlist with the Secret Summer Santa title. If you need help setting up a Wishlist, email me and I'll help you figure it out.
  3. Secret Summer Santas (SSSs--heh) will chose ONE item from your Wishlist, so it is suggested that you choose items of around $15. They will NOT be asked to order multiple books to hit the $15 limit.
  4. Pre-ordered items can be put on your Wishlist ONLY if they will be published BEFORE July 21.
  5. Sign ups begin on the 20th of April and end on June 21, the first official day of summer. 
  6. After the names are exchanged, you will be asked to send a note (via Amazon) to your Santee to let them know their gift is on the way. Make sure you don't spoil their surprise!
  7. Entering your name in the link list below is OPTIONAL
  8. To join the exchange, you must fill out THIS form, as it is the place where you will be asked to enter your name, email address, and the url for your Wishlist.
My note-Be sure to go to Ruby's blog so you can sign up on Mr. Linky! :)

I almost forgot-I am guest posting today at Ramblings of a Chaotic Mind. Come and say hi!