Thursday, May 19, 2011

Her Innocence, His Conquest (Harlequin Desire) by Jules Bennett


Title: Her Innocence, His Conquest
Author: Jules Bennett 
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Harlequin Desire
Publisher: Harlequin 
Number of Pages: 192






 Architecture kingpin and expert playboy Zach Marcum knew exactly how to get what he wanted—both on the job and in the bedroom. Until sexy, independent and impossible-to-ignore Ana Clark charged into his life. Her construction company could make his luxury resort project a multimillion-dollar reality, but he couldn't risk letting the career-driven siren slip past his defenses. Discovering she was a virgin made the seduction stakes even greater, as Zach crossed the line from business to pleasure. (from goodreads)


Jules Bennett was nice enough to take part in my Chatting with Buckeyes Series, and I bought this book because I enjoyed her interview so much that I had to read one of her books. :) I usually have a really hard time with Contemporary Romances, but I really enjoyed this one. It was just a fun read. The heroine Ana, was just how I like heroines-strong, independent and not afraid to tell Zach that she wasn't quite ready for what he wanted yet. I really thought I'd have a problem for some reason with Ana being a virgin-because sometimes in Contemporary Romances they come off as well, whiny. That wasn't the case here at all. I liked that Ana was in charge of her company, and she didn't turn into an idiot the moment she discovered that Zach had a thing for her. Speaking of Zach...he is just how I like my heroes-arrogant with a good heart underneath everything.

I really enjoyed the banter and the romance between the two. It was a fairly short book, so I don't want to give it all away, so I'm keeping this short, however,I had this read in a few hours, and even though Zach's brother, Cole was the focus of  the book From Boardroom to Wedding Bed, I felt like I didn't miss anything by not having read that book first.(Although, I have to admit after reading this book I want to read Cole and Tamara's story even though I know how it ends.)


This was just a nice book to lose yourself in for an afternoon~it just made me smile all the way through it. I've had a lot of trouble reading Contemporary Romances lately, and this is the first one that was not a dnf in a very long time. I can't wait to read more by Jules Bennett!  

Curran Crush Meter: Medium
Martini Sigh Meter: Medium 
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: Medium 
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: Medium