Thursday, November 25, 2010

Review: The Heir by Grace Burrows


Title: The Heir
Author: Grace Burrows
Genre: Historical Romances
Publisher: Sourcebooks
*Sent to me by the publisher to read for review*










Fans of Historical Romances will love this book by Grace Burrows. It has a little bit of everything-mystery, a spunky heroine and a lovable hero. However, try as I might I just couldn't get into this book. I think the problem is that I've slowly grown out of love with historical romances.


The Heir had so much potential, but I after 150 I just couldn't force myself to read anymore of it.
The major problem I had with this book were the smex scenes. They just seemed out of place with the rest of the story. I stopped reading when I got to the part where the hero basically makes out with the heroine, and says: "I want to make love to you" and she goes: "Didn't we just do that?" It bothered me because in every other aspect the heroine was smart and gave as good as she got from the Earl, why dumb her down in that area? I know times were different in those days, but it just didn't seem to fit with her character.

I feel horrible for not loving this book as much as I thought I would and gave up around the halfway mark.  I really think it has more to do with my reading tastes changing then anything. Why is it so hard to break up with a genre?

Here are some bloggers who loved this book more then I did:


Yankee Romance Reviews 
Long and Short Reviews