Does watching Castle count as reading a book? Just kidding.... I totally got guilted into this wonderful series by Tasha at Truth, Beauty, Freedom & Books and the awesome Gini Koch, author of Touched by An Alien I'm watching season 1 now and it's totally distracted me from reading-but in a good way! A grovel post of thanks. is totally in the near future.
1. What are you reading right now?
I'm just about to start Primal Attraction by Sydney Somers. I made the mistake of putting in Castle, Season 1 and am now in the mood for a mystery. Am starting Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. This will totally demolish the number of books read for the Read A Thon...unless I go back and forth between books, but I hate doing that!
2. How many books have you read so far?
I've read one novella, and finished a book that I started last night. That's about 300 pages so far.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Betrayed by PC and Kristen Cast
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I've only been reading since 5pm because I had to work.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I haven't had any major interruptions yet. *knocks on wood*
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How much more relaxed I am this time. (it's my third read a thon)
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Have an option for people to have their Twitter/Facebook page public so we can cheer them on there as well.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I would take the entire day off of work.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not yet :)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
One thing I did differently this time around was to include a few ebooks that were short in length. It helps boost your morale to be able to finish a book in a hour or so. The most important thing is to remember to have fun!