Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BBAW Day two: Interview Swap


Today in Book Blogger Appreciation week we interview another book blogger. I had the pleasure of interview Tessa from Reading is Dreaming!  You can find my part of the interview on her blog, so go take a look and say hello-she's a brand new blogger! If you haven't taken a look at BBAW, go now-it's not too late to join in all the fun!

1. What made you decide to start book blogging?

I'm a voracious reader, and it seemed a shame to let all those books on my shelves just sit there gathering dust... No, seriously, I write quite a lot (I have a different blog for that, Tessa's Blurb http://tessasblurb.blogspot.com) and I used to just post the occasional review if I really, really liked a book...or hated it...but then that blog got kind of crowded so I started Reading Is Dreaming to do my reading addiction justice. ; P
2. Do you have any weird reading habits?
Hmmm... I read in the bathtub (no, not the empty bathtub, I read when I'm taking a bath!). Is that weird? I also read more than one book at once. I have them lying around the house at strategic points (TV room, office, kitchen, next to the bathtub...) so I can pick up a book and read a bit wherever I am. I guess that's kind of weird?

3. Is a cracked spine a sign of love or torture?
Love! An uncracked spine is the spine of a book I haven't read or a book I stopped halfway through because it was boring or badly written or just not my thing.

4. Who are some of your favorite heroes/heroines?
Difficult question... I like Simon Mooncalf from Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn Trilogy. I used to absolutely adore Anita Blake (Laurell K Hamilton's books) but she's starting to grate a bit. I love Sam (Shiver/Linger by Maggie Stiefvater). Mercedes from Patricia Briggs' books is cool, too.

5.Who is your favorite author?
Oscar Wilde if we're talking classics, Laurell K Hamilton, Patricia Briggs, David Gemmel and Jim Butcher if we're talking contemporary authors.

6. What has been your favorite thing about blogging so far?
 I love meeting new people (even if it isn't in person) and I particularly enjoy finding so many likeminded blogger(ettes) out there. It's great to have a big community of people who like the same things you do. I live in the middle of nowhere, so the internet is pretty great for that.

7. What was the last book that made you want to toss it across the room and what's the last book that made you want to buy everything by that author?
"Bullet" by Laurell K Hamilton was a bit of a disappointment. So was "Home Port" by Nora Roberts. The first one shows how a drawn-out series can start to go wrong if you don't know when to stop, the second was just plain boring. Same old, same old. And then I read "I am not a Serial Killer" by Dan Wells (a more or less accidental buy) and although the book is a little gross at times, I am going to HAVE TO read everything else by that author.

8. Do you stick to one genre or read a little bit of all genres?
Well, I read a lot of different genres, but not everything. Non-Fiction, for example, really REALLY has to interest me in order to make it to my bookshelf. I'm not so fussy with fiction. I read fantasy, paranormal, thrillers, horror, crime fiction, "chick-lit" and romance, in no particular order. Even the odd 'normal' fiction book does appear in my hands on occasion - I loved Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper", though it made me cry. I'm not so big on inspirational stuff, unless it comes 'disguised' as something else.

9. What is your favorite genre?
Fantasy, hands down. All varieties of fantasy.

10. Which do you like better E-Books or paper books?
Paper books, although e-books do have their own sort of appeal. I'm currently thinking about getting a Kindle... we'll see.


Thank you so much Tessa for the interview-it was a lot of fun getting to know you!