Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review: Kiss and Hell by Dakota Cassidy

 Title: Kiss and Hell
Author: Dakota Cassidy 
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: There is a second book out My Way to Hell, but no name to the series








I have a bad habit of buying books and letting them linger on my bookshelves. I have had this book since December, and all I can say is what took me so long to read it??? This was such a fun read.  Before I read it I thought I had read one too many paranormal romances, and thought about taking a break from them. I picked this book up out of laziness-it was the closest one to me, and couldn't stop reading it!

Delaney Markham is a medium-she can see and hear dead people. Her gift is one that makes it impossible to date, but it does help pay the rent-she holds seances-that is until one annoying ghost by the name of Clyde Atwell pops up and won't go away. He's incredibly hot-but it turns out he's not really a ghost. He's a demon. His assignment is to take her to hell with him-but he doesn't realize that Delaney isn't going to without a fight. Add to the mix a best friend whose a demon,  her dogs who love Clyde (which is just wrong, because her dogs aren't supposed to like demons) and a mystery surrounding Clyde's death, and you have a fun paranormal romance on your hands.

There are so many great things about this book, but I think what I loved most was how much it made me laugh. I sometimes have problems with books that have so many one liners, but such was not the case in this book. Delaney is smart, sassy and a whole lot of fun. I loved Clyde-he was tough, yet sensitive-all in all a great hero, and I loved his trivia knowledge. :) The romance part was sizzling-there was just enough to make me keep sighing, but not so much where it ruined the story.

This book is just what I needed-something light, fun and a bit different from other paranormal romances. I can't wait to read the second book in this series, My Way To Hell! I really need to read the books I buy more often!

Crush Meter: High
Sigh Meter: Medium
Barrons Hero Hotness Meter: Medium
Ethan/Merit Sizzle Meter: Medium