Sunday, April 11, 2010

Read a Thon: End of the Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
 The first, b/c I'm not a morning person!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, Wake, Fade, Gone by Lisa McMann-all of these are YA, but read really fast and are perfect for the Read A Thon.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Have a place for people to list their twitter accounts. It was fun talking via twitter with people about the Read A Thon. There is the search function on twitter, but I felt like I was stalking people when I replied to random people who used the hashtag #readathon. The Unread Reader suggested a mini challenge to visit other blogs, and I like that idea! I wish I had more time to cheer on the people whose blogs I comment on all the time.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The Mini Challenges-while I didn't do many, they all were great.
5. How many books did you read?
3 & half
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, Out of the Blue by Jill Shalvis, (Harlequin) and I finished up Mind Games by Carolyn Crane.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Hex Hall
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Out of The Blue by Jill Shalvis-The Harlequin, b/c it was so formulaic.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Come up with cute cheers before hand, and don't be afraid to interact with those on your team. I wish I had taken time to do more of that-being a reader and a cheerleader was hard.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Yes, I'll take part in the Read A Thon Again. I'm not sure which role, but it will either be as a reader or as a cheerleader, not both.