Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hour one: Dewey's Read A Thon My first mini challenge

 UPDATE: HOUR 5:

I totally got caught up in cheering. I've only read about 130 pages of Hex Hall, but I am so loving it! I've also completed my cheering goal of visiting everyone on my cheering list. There are some awesome blogs out there.  I am having so much fun...now back to reading!! Thanks to everyone who has left a comment-it really helps to keep me motivated to read more! :)
_________________________________________________________________________________
I'm such an idiot. I stayed up much to late last night reading and talking on twitter. When will I learn??? I so need a cup of coffee-or three. I can't believe how organized some people are with the read-a-thon. I've decided to wing it, and just have fun this time around. On my first read a thon, I concentrated so much on how slow I was reading, I read even slower and didn't enjoy the one or two books I did finish.  This time is all about the F-U-N. I'm also super psyched for being a cheerleader. I figure I'm going to be online anyone, why not be productive?

Now to get to my first mini-challenge:
Where are you reading from today?  I'm too tired to know if  this means location or spot, so I'll answer it both ways: Ohio. I'm reading either on my comfy couch or outside if it's warm enough
3 facts about me …
                1. I'm not a morning person
                2. After years of reading the last book in a series first,
                    I'm now anal about reading them in order
                3. I'm very chatty
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? I started out with 7, but it's grown to about 15 now. (not including the maybe pile. That darn library.)

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? No real goals this time around. As for comments, I want to get to everyone on my cheering team lists at least twice.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Have fun!!!!  Take time out to visit the blogosphere and talk on twitter. You'll meet so many wonderful people!