Friday, October 23, 2009

Let's get ready to read! Charity Decided on-Cindy Houdeshell Morris Scholarship fund

Tomorrow I am doing my first Dewey's Read A Thon. I'm so excited! I have all of my snacks set out & ready to go. The coffee is already made and waiting to be poured. The apartment is clean, & my dvr is all set to go. In this post I listed a bunch of books I had ready to read for tomorrow..well, I've decided to add a few more. These are books that I thought I would have read already, or found while I was cleaning this week. I probably have way too many selected, but better safe then sorry, right?! The charity I have chosen is the Cindy Houdeshell Morris Scholarship fund at William Carey University. Cindy was my best friend since college who died suddenly at a young age in 2007. Her death shocked everyone who knew her. She was working as the Residential Housing Director at William Carey-her students & co-workers were so touched by her that they set up this scholarship for her. I'm not sure yet how much I'm going to donate yet. If you have time, read the story of the Starfish-it always makes me cry. I'm also trying out a new profile picture. It's Cleo, our family's dog-whom I consider to be mine. (If only my apartment allowed animals!)

Late additions: These look like a lot, but some of these authors read really fast!

When You Look Like Your Passport, It's time to go home! By Erma Bombeck. It's a long book, but it's told in a series of short humorous stories, so I think it will be an easy read. This is for the Take A Chance Challenge.

Marriage at the Millionaire's Command
by Anne Oliver-This is another Take A Chance Challenge book. It's a Harlequin Presents books-those always good for a lot of LOLZ.

Upon the Midnight Clear by Sherrilyn Kenyon-I found this dream Hunter book while cleaning!!

With Every Breath by Lynn Kurland- I adore Lynn Kurlands book. I had forgotten all about this one until I cleaned the other day. It's sat unread for much too long.

Parallel Desire by Deidre Knight-Another one found while cleaning. I got this one at a library book sale.

Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare-I really thought I'd have this read by now, but I went on a challenge frenzy & this one got pushed aside for other books.