Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tempted Tigress by Jade Lee

The Plot: This is set in China during the late 1890s. Anna Thompson is an Opium runner in China and gets caught by the Emperor's Enforcer. He is about to do her in for running opium, but spares her life. They are both on the run from different people, and the book explores how Anna became an Opium runner, and how Zhi-Gang, (The Enforcer) became the way they are. Both have learned not to trust anyone.

My review: I have a bad habit of starting to read the last book in a series first. I believe this is the second to last book in the series. Edited: It's the last book in the series, not the second to last. Thanks Heidenkind. :) I thought Burning Tigress was much better, and this one just seemed rushed to me. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. However, don't take my word on it-this was nominated for a Rita Romance award for best book in the historical fiction category in 2008, so obviously I'm in the minority on not "feeling" this one.